cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Objects without Edition

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create all the objects of Finance without Edition. What are the configurations needed to make all the Type 1 entities of Finance to make Edition independent ??

I have copied the 0G data model & wanted to make this changes.

I was trying to make all the Type Entities as "No Edition" from Edit Data Model but

Validity Concept for Entity Type is not allowing me to go ahead saying that

Validity concept of entity type ACCCCDET must not be changed. Same error is coming for all Type 1 entities.

Kindly share your view on this.

Thanks,

Kaustubh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

by copying the data model 0G changing the edition concept, you loose the connection to further updates SAP provides for MDG-F and you loose SAP support since you change the standard data model into a custom version that is not recommended! Please keep this in mind when you decide to continue working that way.

If you don't want to use an edition because all objects do not care about time dependency, the general recommendation is the creation of a single edition that uses the timeframe from today (or a date in the past) until SAP's end of time (31.12.9999).

If your objects are time depedent, it is strongly recommended to use editions for the definition of the timeframe as correctly explained by Kiran. Any changes to that concept are not recommended by SAP. We do not provide any support for your planned scenario.

Your statement as below is not correct.

Kaustubh Nandrekar wrote:

If I don't add those To & from Date fields, & create PCTR then the To Date will get the Current date ( Date of PCTR Creation) in the backend after activation which might not be possible to achieve with edition.

The From date will be the start date of the edition.

The To date will be the date of the next change minus a single day. If there is no next change, the to date will be 31.12.9999 as in the backend.

Best regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I understand the criticality of Edition in the processing of MDG FI objects.

My main concern is I want to default the From Date to "01-01-1990" which I guess we can't achieve through Edition. If you can suggest, reply will be appreciated.

This "01-01-1990" from date should go & sit into the backend for all FI objects.

Can you please suggest for the same?

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaustubh

1. You first create edition type

2. Then go to NWBC and create edition. While creating edition, you can specify 01.01.1990 as your start date of edition. This date will become start date for your master data. Another point, you can't default any particular date in FI also. Ask this question to your business team. What is the logic behind it?

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

There is no any specific logic they have mentioned. But they are creating the objects with the same date in the ECC in the past also so they want the same to be happen via MDG.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaustubh

Can you please give me one example? Based on that I can suggest.

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh DADA,

If I am correct that you want to copy 0G data model into some custom data model and make it 'No Edition' for all Edition dependent entities then process that you have followed is wrong. Please strictly follow the process mentioned below:

1. First copy 0G data model into some z model with all entries

2. Now before saving it make your Edition changes and then save it

3. Now activate your new data model

You should not face any problem.

Enjoy....

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaustubh

Its not logical to create all the objects in MDG-F without edition. Edition controls your validity. For GL account you need edition as your FSV is linked to it. For CC / PC / CE, you can't work without edition.

If you use edition then its easy to manage and control your data in MDGF. Once you use it you will find how easy and useful it is. If you are facing any issue you can give that example.

Please let me know why you don't want edition?

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In the creation of say for instance Profit Center in the backend, we have two fields To date & From Date for which I will be creating these two Z fields in MDG to capture the User input, so business don't want to go for edition as they will fill these T0 date & From Date on the first page where we used to assign Controlling Area along with the Profit Center.

Also, the replication will happen automatically as soon as all approval levels gets completed. The Mark for release & release of edition will no longer be useful for the same.

That is why , I decided to go without editions.

If you have a better solution to design according to this scenario then let me know.

Thanks,

Kaustubh

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaustubh

Don't add valid from and to in data model as you will get lots of issues in future. You must use edition for controlling valid from and valid to date. Once you create edition type, you can create any number of editions based on your from and to date. Analyze the master data first. Load all the old values and then start with fresh edition. Whenever user want to have new edition they can create it on their own with the next date.

If you use edition then you can replicate the PC and CC automatically. In edition there is a tick - Auto distribute change request. Select that so that data will get replicated automatically.

I would strongly suggest you not to change data model for validity date. Use edition as its the best feature in MDG.

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If I don't add those To & from Date fields, & create PCTR then the To Date will get the Current date ( Date of PCTR Creation) in the backend after activation which might not be possible to achieve with edition.

However, for Replication even though we select the checkbox of Distribute the change request, we have to do the steps of Mark for Release & release. If by mistake any CR is still in process, the whole edition data goes on hold until the processing of all CR gets completed.

Kindly suggest for the To Date & from date saving in the backend ( with or without edition).

Thanks,

Kaustubh

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kaustubh

Please go through edition concept. You can create edition as per the validity dates of Profit center. Let me give example. Most of the PC's validity date starts from say 01.01.2014 till 9999. Analyze the data in your system and based on that create editions. Same is the concept in FI.

When you select the auto distribute, no need to release the edition. Data gets replicated automatically. Check your settings for replication.

Kiran