Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read from Z or MDG Table in SAP using MDGF

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to read from a ztable that is used for legacy systems and use the info as part of our change requests when we create or change new cost centers through MDG. The existing detail should be pulled into the change request for the applicable Cost center and should allow creation and editing and when we post the change request it should update the Ztable with the new or amended values.

My assumption is that we won't be able to read from ECC because of the Flex model and thus will have to store the data somewhere in a MDG table and would have to call this table to get the available values. I want to build a UIBB that I can link to the standard change request UI but could not find a document that can really assist me.

I noticed archive document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27111 but I am not sure if I should use it anymore and it is also showing how to build this for BP reuse and not for Finance flex

Can anyone please provide some guidelines

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

Why don't you extend the data model with that field? Once you extend the data model, you can change your UIBB's and get the data updated in the Z table.

Kiran

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I thought about that but the issue I have, is that I should have multiple combinations and within the same change request I could have up to 20 combinations for the same Cost Center in the Ztable.

Thus in some way I need to capture more than 1 entry in the same change request. If I add these fields for cost centers in which MDG table would it be stored?

Thanks

Riaan

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

CCTR table in MDG - /1MD/MD______00I.

One more way to do this. Create a separate entity type in MDG for these additional fields. Any way its not part of CCTR and won't linked to MDG right?

Once you create a separate entity type with the Z fields, you can generate the structures and data will get stored in MDG. Don't link this table to ECC. Upon final approval, you can use file download method (replication model) and then create a program in ECC to load the mdg file. This will be easy. If these fields are dependent on CCTR then you can create 2 separate change requests dependent upon each other and link with secondary workflow. Once the CCTR values are filled up, trigger a secondary workflow with these values for approval.

Try this and let me know if it works. This is interesting case.

Thanks

Kiran

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

please note that the MDG data base tables are generated by the system. You cannot rely on the table names at all. It is forbidden to implement any direct SELECT statements using the table names!

Best regards

Michael

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for the useful information. But what is the solution in such cases as we do often get such type of requirement...

Kiran

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

reading data, especially in MDG-F, should always be done via an MDG specific API. This could be the convenience API or the external representation of the the model interface. There is a document available on our SCN space describing the details: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45127.

Best regards

Michael