cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<sid>adm, SAPService<sid> password change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are almost yet to golive. We have implemented ECC6.0(ABAP+JAVA),BI7.0,EP7.0 . During installations network team has assigned temparary password to <sid>adm,SAPService<sid> for all dev,qa, prod systems.

Now as per security reasons client wanted to change all <sid>adm,Service<sid>password before go live.

Once network team change the passwords , where all i can go and reassign.So that it will replicate to all the entries.

Should <sid>adm,SAPService<sid> require same password or can be different?

Database: MSSQL2005

but as per my knowledge, we have to change in services only.Please suggest if you have any thoghts and experianced on this scenario

- Kristene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after pasword changed by the network team, apply the password of sapservice<sid> in the services which start with sap in service list and make sure whereever the users exist the same password is applicalble to that user in all locations usually at OS level locally to server and if user also present in doamin even there as well.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to do the same... what was your solution/problems?

Thanks

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

see my last anser.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not get the proper answer.My question is very simple.

once network team changes the password , then where all are i should go and update .

- Kristene

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am repeating myself:

after changing the password of an Windows User (regardless on Domain or computerlevel) you have to change every Windows Service and Windows Batch Job entry (Scheduled Tasks) using the user for which you have changed the password.

If you don't know how to do it, you should better ask somebody who is a little more familiar with windows administration!

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Once network team change the passwords , where all i can go and reassign.So that it will replicate to all the entries.

>>Should <sid>adm,SAPService<sid> require same password or can be different?

SAPService<sid> user is normaly created with not password expiration. This is because he is not allowed to interactively logon on because:

after changing the password of an Windows User (regardless on Domain or computerlevel) you have to change every Windows Service and Windows Batch Job entry (Scheduled Tasks) using a user for which you have changed the password.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kristene,

For and before changing the passwords pl refer the following note on the caution and how to things regards

Note 28893 - Changing passwords for SQL Server

Regards