cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When creating a travel expense, an incorrect input tax code is defaulted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm new with SAP customizing in Travel Management. I have an issue that I cannot solve and I've tried almost all possibilities.When an employee tries to create a travel expense in PR05, him being from Belgium, the default input tax code for any expense type is, for example V3. This code exists in FI and will be transferred correct into accounting. But, if the employee wants to change the the country key in the field Country of Receipt (found in additional info section), anything other than the domestic country (BE) will automatically change the input tax from V3 to V0, which we don't even have in FI.

I tried the following:

- checked under global settings and for Belgian trip provision variant there was always Input Tax per Travel Expense Type flagged and V3 with cocd BE;

- checked each and every expense type for the default input tax and all have V3.

I had to create a country grouping EU for all European Countries. All maximum rates for different expense types have been defined using this EU code. Might it be this grouping?

Any new expense type, similar to any of the ones I have problems with, will keep the default V3 tax code no matter if I change the country of receipt.

Thank you in advance guys,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need anymore for an answer, I found out what I was looking for under Define Country-Dependent Default Values for Expense Types

Answers (0)