cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS import RFC interface for the structure issue??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm working on the SAP NetWeaver BPM with NWDS 7.3 SP12 rite now and got confused about the RFC interface structure stuff.

I have a mapping activity defined in the process and the receiver interface needs a RFC. So I go to "Process Modeling" -> "Services Interfaces", right click and choose "Import RFC",type the correct RFC/BAPI name connecting with the SAP ECC system. The issue is that when I finished importing the RFC, went to the "Data Types", the RFC interface namespace shows out but the structure shows seperately with individual segment, so the whole nested RFC interface structure messed up in parallel which is incorrect for the data object and output mapping for later process activities.

Anyone has ran into such kind of issue or experience the same, any solution or suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Could you attach some screenshot in order to understand your issue better?

Thanks, regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't see any problem.  This is the way it is suppose to work.  You can define local data objects using the data types from the RFC.  When you define the trigger or automated activity using the RFC service interface, in the input and output mapping for the automated activity you will see the RFC parameters.  Then use the local data objects to do the mapping.

Regards,

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Much appreciate!!! William, I will try today and let you know if any concern from my side.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

William,

Another two questions relates to NWDS BPM development:

1. Sometimes after I import the service interface into NWDS, the structure displays differently from it defines in ESR, I mean the fields sequence. I dont know why

2. Refer to your screenshot,

Assume the occurence of node HEADER and item is (0..1), when I want to map a blank constant to them to generate the target structure, the editor not allows and display error which is very different with ESR mapping tool, could you please help to advise? Tons of thanks!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.  The sequence will sometimes change, but this will not matter, since XML does not care.  The same may also happen when you import RFC into the ESR.

2.  To assign individual element, do not assign the parent node, but assign each element individually.  In this example, delete the assignment to HEADER, then drag-n-drop each element separately.  This way, you can do what you want.  Also, if you want to do all the element assignments within HEADER, you can press the right-button on the mouse while dragging the assignment from DO_ZPO_HEADER to HEADER.  When you let go of the right-button, you can select "Execute Default Matcher".  This will have the same result as assign each element individually.

This will result in the following:

Regards,

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

William,

Thanks for your nice quick reply again

Regarding the point 2, I add comments as below:

To assign individual element, do not assign the parent node, but assign each element individually.

Q:If the occurence of the parent node is 0..1, also dont assign?

...if you want to do all the element assignments within HEADER, you can press the right-button on the mouse while dragging the assignment from DO_ZPO_HEADER to HEADER.  When you let go of the right-button, you can select "Execute Default Matcher".  This will have the same result as assign each element individually.

Q:When I tried this way, but the right click on the mouse only comes with below choose items, didnt see the "Execute Default Matcher", not sure why, please help to indicate.

Thanks a lot and Best Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (0)