cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the configuration get locked for changes in sales order?

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I will really appreciate your help me in resolving this issue.

Our client had sales order having BOM item with several sub items.

Here we found that the user was not able to make changes to the Characterstic Value of one of the variant.

The issue was the place where we change the characterstic  in sales order was greyed out, it was probably locked. Now even if they were unfrezing and trying to change the characteristic value the system did not allowed means greyed out.

Can you please help me in understanding when do system locks the variants for a material in sales order, in what stage?

Like maybe after the delivery document is created or PGI or some things else.

since i see that the user here did delivered one of the item in the BOM subitem.

Thanks

Kaushik

<Text removed by Moderator, please don't share your personal details on SCN post>

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any views on this one, how system greys out the configurations?

Thanks

Kaushik

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the screen shot you have shown is in Dispaly mode-VA03

can you give the screen shot on VA02

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

So sorry Shiva,

We do not have access in the VA02 mode.

Its the same in VA02 also, but do you have an idea as in does the system locks the characterstic data after we deliver any of the sub item in BOM for the main item?

Thanks

Kaushik

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz confirm if you are maintaining the characteristics for the main item.

if any sub-item is delivered the system automatically blocks the characteristics,

as you have confirmed the material for disptach

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the characterstics were maintained for the main item.

and the delivered item was a subitem for this main item.

So characterstic were maintained for Item 10(Main item) but delivery was done for some of its sub item was item 100 / 120

Also can i know where is this setting or configuration where we configure this to block the configuration if any of the subitem is delivered.

Thanks

Kaushik.

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

Some client having process that if order will be release finally and delivery is craeted then there have no authorization to ammend characteristic ,in this case you have to delete the delivery if PGI happened reverse the PGI and derelease order then try to do it.

Thanks

Deep

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deep,

Thanks for your reply,

Also can i know where is this setting where we configure when system blocks the configuration if any of the subitem is delivered? Can we change it by some chance?

Thanks

Kaushik