cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit to sap button in interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to make an event happening when pushing a button in a adobe form developed in the web Dynpro. However nothing happens when pushing the Submit to SAP button. It's a standard button with no special settings. I've created an event in the view and in the properties of the interactive fom I've set the onSubmit to this action. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I was facing exactly the same problem.

I was using WAS SP 9, NDS 2.0.9, Adobe Reader 7.0.1, ACF SP 11.

I went to SP 11 (WAS + NDS + ADS), didn't change anything in my application, and now the button is working properly.

Regards,

Geraldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed the Adobe reader 6 instead of 7 and verified taht the ACF is installed and taht seams to have done the trick. I dont think it's a problem with Adobe Reader 7 just that I couldn't install the SAP forms plugin in the plugins. I'm sure If I reinstall the 7.0 again its gonna work with that one as well.

Thank for all of your inputs

/Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem mentioned above. When I click the submit to sap button nothing happens. I don't know exactly what the problem is. Here is the XML Source for the button.

<field name="submitToSAP1" y="165.1mm" x="184.15mm" w="30mm" h="6mm">

<ui>

<button/>

</ui>

<caption>

<value>

<text>Submit</text>

</value>

<para vAlign="middle" hAlign="center"/>

<font size="8pt" typeface="Arial"/>

</caption>

<border>

<edge stroke="raised"/>

<fill>

<color value="212,208,200"/>

</fill>

</border>

<event activity="click">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");</script>

</event>

<bind match="none"/>

</field>

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ole,

in the Adobe Designer select the submit button and find the script window (the horizontal window on the top). In the script window select the "click" entry in the "Show:" Drop-down list.

Do you see the following script:

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - SubmitToSAP.xfo

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

Just trying to narrow down the problem.

Cheers

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

I only see -

Z_Start_Wf_Input.#subform[0].submitToSAP1::click - (FormCalc, client) -

That is if the script window is found by clicking Palletts-->Script editor in the Adobe Designer???

The button is of the type "Regular" and not Execute or Submit. Is this correct? This is the default setting, and you get a warning that says the onclick methode is removed if it's changed.

Best regards

Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that all you can see? It should be actualy set to JavaScript and not to FormCalc.

OK, lets try this. Select the Submit Button on the Form and click on the "XML Source" Tab of the form design window. I see the following...

</field>

<field name="submitToSAP1" w="41.275mm" h="15.875mm" x="127mm" y="257.175mm">

<ui>

<button/>

</ui>

<caption>

<value>

<text>Submit</text>

</value>

</caption>

<border>

<edge stroke="raised"/>

<fill>

</fill>

</border>

<event activity="click">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - SubmitToSAP.xfo

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY</script>

</event>

<bind match="none"/>

</field>

Could you post the XML code for the submit button to this message so I can take a look at it.

Thanks!

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

My XML code for the button:

<field name="submitToSAP1" y="81.7602mm" x="16.4mm" w="30mm" h="6mm">

<ui>

<button/>

</ui>

<caption>

<value>

<text>Submit to SAP</text>

</value>

</caption>

<border>

<edge stroke="raised"/>

<fill>

</fill>

</border>

<event activity="click">

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");</script>

</event>

<bind match="none"/>

</field>

Best regards,

Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

so both of your Submit Buttons are OK. What Web AS Service pack are you using? Open Reader -> Help -> About Adobe plug-ins and check that "SAPForms" shows up in the list of plug-ins.

If you are using Web As 6.40 SP10 or SP11 download and install the latest ACF (see SAP Note 766191).

If this still not resolves your problem I assume it is an issue with your Internet Explorer settings (which version are you using?) Also see if there might be a little Warning triangle in the lower left corner of IE when you hit Submit.

Cheers

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I see SAP Forms when I open Reader->Help->About Adobe plugins. I am using WEBAS 6.40 SP9 and installed latest ACF. My Internet Explorer is 6.0. When I hit submit button cursor changes to busy for a second and comes back normal but I don't see any warning triangle on left. nothing happens. I put a break point in the submit event code and tried to debug but it never hit the break point either.

Thanks

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got SP 11 and the newest ACF. However I cant find the SAPForms in the plugin list, only "Forms". Is this an error n the installation? How do I fix it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Adobe Reader 6.0.2?

Check at this path c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 6.0\reader\plug_ins. You should have SAPForms.api

Best of luck,

Alwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question for both of you... Are you using Adobe Acrobat or Reader and which version of the product are you using (do you have multiple versions installed)?

Ole: No Forms is a different plug-in. If you do not see the SAPForms plug-in I suggest you try to re-install the ACF. ACF should install the plug-in. The only issue I could imagine is if you have multiple Reader or Acrobats installed and the ACF installed the plug-in for the wrong version.

Srini: My concern here is that the latest ACF is not compatible with SP9 (that is my suspicion, I am not 100% sure about this). I think it only works with SP10 and 11. Could you updated your Web AS to SP10 or even better 11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the Acrobat reader 7.0 and SP11 on was as well as NDS.

I've already tried to reinstall the ACF and I see the SAPForm plugin in the file structure, but not in the list in the acrobat reader overview/about page.

I'm gonna try to reinstall adobe and make sure all leftovers from the 6.0 installation is cleared.

/Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uninstall 7.0 and install 6.0.2 version of the reader , then run the ACF setup. You will definately find the plugin then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Submit button doesnt work too. Nothing happens on clicking on it.

I was checking the trace file defaultTrace.trc through visual administrator of the j2ee server. I found the log file is updated with the following lines, for each click on the submit button.

Date : 04/26/2005

Time : 17:03:10:296

Category :

Message ID : 001185BBE530005D00000001000017C40003F5AD407E9064

Severity : Warning

Location : com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.client.RequestInfo

Source Name : com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.client.RequestInfo

Thread : SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_14

Message : Processing an http request to servlet [dispatcher] finished with error. The error is: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: No valid download parameter!

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.url.WebDynproExchangeHandler.doExchange(WebDynproExchangeHandler.java:236)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doExchangeProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:164)

Datasource : 1246150:E:\usr\sap\NWD\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\defaultTrace.trc

Application : sap.com/tcwddispwda

Argument Objs :

Arguments :

Dsr Component :

Dsr Transaction : 986fe581b69611d99211001185bbe530

Dsr User :

Indent : 0

Level : 0

Message Code :

Message Type : 0

Relatives :

Resource Bundlename :

Session : 454

Source : com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.client.RequestInfo

ThreadObject : SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_14

Transaction :

User : J2EE_ADMIN

Is there any solution for this?

I am using reader 6.0.2 , ACF is also installed on my m/c.