cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP authentication seems not to work in Mobile Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ladies and Gentelmen,

I am facing a "little" problem in my first Mobile Documents installation.

I configured the LDAP connection to Microsoft Active Directory in Netweaver 7.4 - it says the connection is sucessfull, an I can see the users of AD and the groups I created for Mobile Documents.

To the MCMUsers group I assigned the Role "MCM_User" like I could see in the "Mobile Documents Setup Guide". To that AD group I assigned three users in Active Directory

So until this step everything looks fine. The problem now is that NONE of that users is able to logon to the MCM portal. They get access denied. And when I list all users in the MCM Admin console, I only get the user "Administrator" as user listed. That Administrator is not an LDAP User. he comese from the internal database.

The seems some minor configuration missing. I hope someone of you can point me to that missing piece.

Thank all of you for your help.

Br

Ernst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188370
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

please try the following for troubleshooting:

1. What happens if you assign the role directly to the user? Does that work?

2.Display all assigned roles (also the indirect ones) of the user using the option "Search recursively". Does the MCM_User role appear?

Kind regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

I hope you are doing well .

Thank you for the answer you provided yesterday.

It is everything working now as it should be. The LDAP connection works.

I was not aware thet the user have to log on at least ONCE to /mcm to show up.

Now I have several users in the list ...

That brings me to the next question - I can see the "Delete" Button in the upper right corner, but it does not seem to work. I am not able to select some line and click the delete button.

Thank you for the help

Greetings

Ernst

former_member188370
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

did you select the line on the field on the very left of the line?

Kind regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens - that worked

Answers (0)