cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CP Finish-Start relationship does not restrict the start of the latter task

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a finish-start relationship exists between two tasks, the latter one can set to start even though the former has not been finished. How to make this restriction valid?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Are you asking about PPM-Project management task relationships?

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. We mean to restrict that the latter task status cannot set to 'In Process' before when the former task has a status of  'Finished'.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right now this is a standard behavior in the product. Whenever fixed dates(like actual dates / constraint dates) are put to second task, after scheduling, the second task tries to push back the first task if it has float or it has no fixed dates.

So in system, fixed dates( i.e. Actual dates or Constraint dates) are given priority over relationships of tasks.

To conclude, the restriction is not possible right now in the system.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Ravi.

As you said it is not possible right now in the system I'm wondering if there is any BAPI or BADI that can make this restriction?

Regards, Yemi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yemi,

Relationships are mainly used for scheduling and I don't think so to control business transactions like status change prevention.

You can have a look at the BADI - DPR_Scheduling (Not sure whether this will help you).

Complete list fo BADIs for PPM 5.0 is also available in the below note.

1417134 - PPM 5.0: List of all BAdIs

Regards,

Ravi