cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to print PDF invoice Tx:VF01, via SAP printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the functional user from our team is unable to print invoice in PDF format (tcode: VF01) via default SAP printer used by them XX1.
When we tried to analyze, the spool was generated successfully but they were unable to fetch the printout.

But when we suggested them to print with  local printer LOCL, they were able to get the printout of invoice.

What could be the possible reasons from SAP side since the hardware team is sure that no issue with the printer as print was sent from linux (hkprint) and  it was printed OK on the printer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly have you done to analyse the problem, please? Can you print anything (from SAP) on the SAP output device in question..? What is the status of the spool request in question..? Have you checked the log of the output request for the spool in question..?

cheers

Jānis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jānis,

User is using SAP GUI for HTML .
when he is trying to print PDF invoice (tcode: VF01), he is unable to get the printout at default printer XX1.

the spool request has completed successfully.
and the output request is showing below log.

Date:                20.06.2014

Time:                17:33:47

Error class:         Information

Area:                SAP Spool

PrintOut:            Possibly printed

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, and what SAP "Device Type" and Host Spool Access Method" are used for SAP printer XX1? If the work process can process the spool, I'd switch on "Retain print file" option for Output Device in SPAD (via menu  Edit->Test tool):

and then verify, if the file being sent to printer looks "ok".

cheers

Janis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

Device type is :HP Laserjet 3 series PCL-5 and

Access Method used : L: Print locally using LP/LPR

I'll test with the "Retain print file" option ,but can you please tell me what is the significance of using this option, since i'm unaware of it's use.

-Thanks & regards
  Deepak

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Those are the temporary files SAP will be sending to the printer/printserver during the output request processing (in your case it would/should be a printjob definition for PCL-5 output). Normally they are deleted by SAP after the request is processed. They can be accessed via SP01 Transaction, menu Goto->Output Request, then double-click on output request and then switch to Internal Information tab. There you can copy the file to frontend. This file can also be used to print it directly on the printer.

cheers

Janis