Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patches for UI AddOn on ABAP Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just updated the UI AddOn to Level 8 with SAPUI5-Version 1.20. To have the actual patches I also applied the patch notes for patch versions 1.20.8. The patch  procedure has changed from having one central note to having a separate note for the single libraries. I understand the reason why this has been done and I also had some dumps in snote in the past because of the size of the notes.

What is hard for me now is to make sure every needed patch is applied. There is a single note for the patch level 1.20.8 (2023584) naming all libraries that have been updated with patch 1.20.8 and the named notes for the patched libraries resolve dependencies for the lower patch levels for this library. So far so good, but... in patch 1.20.7 where were additional libraries that have been patches (e.g. ui.table). So what has to be done by me as a customer is to read all central notes for the previous patch levels and to download every single named note. This is much effort and this is a potential risk of not being done.

As a customer I would really appreciate having a central note resolving all these dependencies giving me a hint if i forgot to patch a library. In my opinion the note for the demo kit is the ideal place for it. This is an optional component not required to have sapui5 running, but in my understanding it relies on the correct patch level of all others libraries.  

Regards,

Kai

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I couldn't agree more!

The notes (downloaded corrections) are not cumulative. Patching SAPUI5 needs a central note explaining which patches need to be applied to update to a certain version.

Regards,

Thomas.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I agree that the central note should provide better info.

FYI.

UI Add-on SP09 is available. SAPUI5 library is 1.22.*.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG