Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FD32--Some fields need to restricted for some users only..

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I need your help in solving my following requirement..

My requirement is how to keep the fields Total amount,Individual amount,Currency(FD32--Central data) has to be permitted only to some users in editable mode...(for other users has to be in display--- even in FD32)

Note: SHD0--will control total users--Client not accepted for this..

I tried by executing Field groups and assigning these fields to Field Groups--but no use--Also i was unable to find the parameters for these fields.

Please see the screen shots..(where to assign this field group to specific users?)

Any more Info required--Please let me know..

Phanikumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar V

There are two things here.

We can make user specific variants in SHD0. For this you need to make two variants. In first one make these three fields output only and in 2nd variant don't do anything. Just create a variant with all fields editable as these are in standard. Now You need to activate these variants user specifically. You need to use Transaction code SHD_SWITCH for this. If you google with this Transaction code you'll find a lot links describing how to do it. I just got this link but there are many others.

Switching Between Variant Groups (SAP Library - Changing the SAP Standard (BC))

Another input from my side is that we can implement field level authorizations in customer or vendor master data. We can't do that for FD32 or credit management fields. This is because we don't see fields from KNKK table in that path where you have made these screens. For implement field level restrictions in customer or vendor master data I had shared a document. This is just for information purpose and this wouldn't do anything with your this requirement.

So my recomendation is to go for SHD0 and this is the best possible solution I guess.

Thank$

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try with authorization F_KNKA_AEN.

Regards,

JM

0 Kudos

Dear Joan mas

Thank you for your help---Currently i am not having SAP system with me.

let me try as suggested & can update you soon...

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Dear Joan mas,

I tried this in SU3 to assign this as parameter ID--But doesn't exist.

What exactly need to put in Profile/Role/Parameter ID??

Can you please suggest me here--how to go ahead??

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Joan told you to use an authorization object, but you started about SU3 - parameters. Do you realize that these are two completely different things?

cheers Otto

p.s.: You should use ST01/ STAUTHTRACE/ SU53 transactions to learn what values you need.

0 Kudos

Respected Otto,

Actually i am not aware of what is authorization object and its relation to parameters.(I am an SD Guy)

I got this from my client and want to check in IDES,also i dont have Basis Guy with me..

let me get some basic knowledge on this--and i will get back to you sir..I really appreciate your helping nature in helping me to come out of this requirement

Note To Lakshmipathiji: sir--as you are aware-- we can restrict some fields in FD32 with field groups in Financial accounting component.Here i created the field group and assigned the fields to this--but i missed assigning this field group (rather i dont know where to assign-- i am Missing something in configuration)--requesting you to transfer this thread first to Financials(so some expert in FI-AR can help me on this of filling the GAP in configuration)

Phanikumar

deep_khanra
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Phani,

I would like suggest you make a Z role and assign with object F_KNKA_KKB and contact to basis team for assign those and  give authorization to those Id only.

Thanks

Deep

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This requirement is purely related to Security, moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to Security

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

You would need to create two roles here. In one role add FD32 and set the Activity value for the following authorization objects (ACTVT-03) to display-

F_KNKA_MAN

F_KNKK_BED

F_KNKA_KKB

and assign this role to the users who need display only access.

Create another role, add FD32 and set ACTVT-02 for the above objects and assign this role to the users who need maintain/edit access.

Regards,

Savitha

0 Kudos

Respected savitha S

Thank you madam for your help---i request you please give me some time to update you on this.

I appreciate your helping nature here.

Phanikumar

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar V

There are two things here.

We can make user specific variants in SHD0. For this you need to make two variants. In first one make these three fields output only and in 2nd variant don't do anything. Just create a variant with all fields editable as these are in standard. Now You need to activate these variants user specifically. You need to use Transaction code SHD_SWITCH for this. If you google with this Transaction code you'll find a lot links describing how to do it. I just got this link but there are many others.

Switching Between Variant Groups (SAP Library - Changing the SAP Standard (BC))

Another input from my side is that we can implement field level authorizations in customer or vendor master data. We can't do that for FD32 or credit management fields. This is because we don't see fields from KNKK table in that path where you have made these screens. For implement field level restrictions in customer or vendor master data I had shared a document. This is just for information purpose and this wouldn't do anything with your this requirement.

So my recomendation is to go for SHD0 and this is the best possible solution I guess.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Respected Moazzam sir

Thanks for sharing such a detailed answer--i followed your suggestion--Now it is working perfect.

(created two variants in SHD0--with variant grouping)

Thanks for giving such a helping hand---now i can face my client with some more confidence.

Note: still i need to search for my missing point of field group assignment.Let me go through the second link as suggested by you.

Thanks again sir.

Phanikumar

0 Kudos

Hi

Field group doesn't work for credit management fields. It works only for customer master data general data, sales area data and company code data. I have explained that in my document I shared in my previous post.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Respected Moazzam,

Actually this will work even for the fields in FD32 as suggested by SAP press book(page 46)

i got this doubt after studying this only--

see the screen shot of the fields can be observed only in FD32.

0 Kudos

This is great

Did you check this? I didn't check in this node. It must work for FD32. Check this and update your findings.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Respected Moazzam

I already tried as suggested--but stucked at the place of assigning field groups.(so raised in scn)

i already followed your second link--may be after creation of field groups followed by authorization check in next column --some authorization objects will start showing it's own effects...(still i have a doubt here)

let us see what i am missing??

Phanikumar