cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need information on the transfer posting from WM To IM

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there any scenario in WM and IM, where you are doing the transfer posting in MIGO_TR and creating the material doc for it. Now the stock moves in IM but when u create TO for the material doc and confirm the TO. That's where the stock moves in WM.

1) MB1B-311 Movt type---create TO for the mat Doc---i am moving the stock from one storage location to another location...then it moves the stock in IM, but i create TO and confirm in LT06...that's where, the stock moves in WM.

2) MB1B---321 MOVT TYPE...LT06...the stock category changes in IM and WM respectively...

I know the above scenarios work fine but there is any scenarios in SAP, where the posting happens first in WM and then in IM.

i need the clarity on the below scenarios, which is similar in case.

transfer-WM to IM

Backflushing of WIP to an interim storage location?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member226308
Participant
0 Kudos

Staging of parts for a production order and picking for a outbound delivery would be other scenarios where WM transaction take place first then IM transaction.

Hope this helps!

Eddie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil

Scenarios in SAP, where the posting happens first in WM and then in IM.

Check WM transaction LQ02 where you initiate the posting change in WM and simultaneously system perform the posting in IM also

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Manish mentions above, when you are performing a posting change in a WM-managed SLOC, the preferable method is to use LQ02.  This is because you already know the exact quant involved in the posting change and if your configuration is set properly, it is a single transaction for the end user.

If you start with MIGO, you must then follow on with LU04 as a second step to convert the Posting Change Notification in the foreground - otherwise you risk carrying out a posting change on the wrong quant!

You will first need to create custom WM movement types for the constellation of movements you want to perform these posting changes with (e.g., U > S, S > U, etc.).  For the examples I just named you can copy the appropriate 3xx WM movement as a template.  I would recommend that you set these movement types for automatic creation, automatic confirmation and post to the same bin.

In the IMG you can go to WM > Interfaces > IM > Define Posting Changes and link the IM and WM movements and also the source/destination stock categories (or special stock).  Then in LQ02 you can simply enter the warehouse, storage type, bin and WM movement involved and you should be able to tick the quant(s) to change and post.

One limitation of using LQ02 for initiating the posting change in WM is that you must transform the entire quant.  If, for example, you have a quant with 100 EA and only 41 EA are to be blocked, you should first quickly perform a bin-to-bin movement of the stock to be blocked to some other bin, perform the posting change, and then move it back.  This has been my experience.  If someone knows a way to do a partial posting change using LQ02 I'd love to know how to do it. 

Good Luck!

Jason