Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EK01 EK02

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

i know this is very basic question but please Add some Your knowledge To this please

EK01 C.type and EK02 C. Type  but i am not able to find exact use of this ,, i have checked so many links but  i didnt get exact Strick out point

Thanks a lot ....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find the details about this in following link;

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=58884805

and

Regards,

mukesh

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear i dont want links

i want you to explain in detail exact use bz in links all have explained very well but i didnt get exactly so simple way please explain.

Thanks a lot 

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK let me explain

EK01(actual Cost): cost of goods manufactured , mainly used for cost plus contract in which the sale price depends on expected cost

EK02(expected cost): used when sales price is a market price and this cost used for mainly information purpose.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

EK01 and EK02 condition types are useful when you have Actual cost and Plan cost

Basically these two condition types are useful when you have implemented Customer service or Project systems

I will explain a scenario taking one example from Customer Service

A manufacturing company sold an car ( for example) to customer using normal sales process with some warranty ( 1 year of free service). You will deliver the car to customer and invoice .

Customer has approached company for service after  1 year. You will do the service and capture the service activities using Service order created in IW31 transaction . In the service order you will enter certain activities of service such as

1 Oil change of Equipment --> 1 Hr

2. General servicing       --> 2 Hr

3. Carborator cleaning -- 3 Hr

These are generally activities normally all companies perform to service a car. you will record the time consumed to service  against each activity.

As part of Activity pricing done by Controlling team, cost of each activity for its respective hours is calculated as Actual cost into service order. Since it is out of warranty ( after 1 year) you have to create a Bill for the service performed, so you will create a Billing document which is termed as Debit memo request with reference to Service order. The actual cost incurred in the service order is posted to EK01 condition type  in the Debit memo request

If you dont want to bill customer with actual cost, instead you want some fixed cost ( based on the customer group) then you will have option as Estimated cost irrespective of number of hours and services performed. This estimated cost is posted to Debit memo request as EK02 condition type

hope this is sufficient

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vemuri sir

i am 100% clear By Your answer but one doubt

Thanks a lot in both scenarios Amount is posted to debit memo request only

please clarify me

EK01 condition type  in the Debit memo request

This estimated cost is posted to Debit memo request as EK02 condition type

Thanks a lot

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhuri,

Flow goes like below

in Customer service:

SERVICE NOTIFICATION-->REPAIR ORDER ( KIND OF SALES ORDER)-->SERVICE ORDER--> ACTUAL COST --->DEBIT MEMO REQUEST -->DEBIT MEMO (BILLING)

in Project systems

SALES ORDER--->PROJECT CREATION-->ACTUAL COST-->DEBIT MEMO REQUEST-->DEBIT MEMO

in the above two cases, debit memo request is created with reference to service order or Project systems using specific transactions such as DP90 and DP91 which will populate actual or estimated cost to debit memo request to EK01 or EK02 condition types

hope it is clear

thanks

santosh

Answers (0)