cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link two different repository in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to address common org elements like company code, currency , Manufacturer etc ;

Is it feasible to create one common-repository main table with all the above field info which is required across many objects(customer,vendor,material etc) and then link the common repository to the individual repository which need some attributes of the common repo information? This is to eliminate creating that common table separately for each individual repositories otherwise.

I am in MDM 5.5 SP04 and trying to understand how I can link/reference the common repository to the individual repositories.

Is it possible by using 'Remote Key' in Import manager for this purpose? How I can bring a repository in source side of IM?

Any idea about the issue is and detail steps of possible solution (excluding Java API route) is appreciated.

-regards, reo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to link multiple repositories.

You have to use the MDM Web Services provided by SAP, or the Java API to achieve this.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open for further comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reo,

You can create a Common Repo to maintain all the common org elements.When you first time import these values into MDM Repo you will have to map the remote keys which will identify these records to the Common Repo. Then you need to syndicate these records as xml file and reimport into the Vendor,Customer Repo . Due to remote keys available on these records,it will show up as comming from Common Repo.

There is no direct way of linking the repositories.

Thanks

Prashanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the reply.

I was expecting not to load at all the common repo info to the individual repository but just to link them which ever individual repo need it.

Hope I am able to make the point.

For example I am now connecting a lookup table say company-code to my main table. Instead of creating a company code lookup table here , I will link my main table to look the common repository.

This will enable all objects not to create a company-code lookup table in their respective repository but link it to the common repository to populate the data.

Thanks , -reo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks