SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No FM payment update (VT57) for clearing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have payment updat online active, and I'm trying to post a payment after a FI clearing, but the system is not able to find the invoice posted in FM and create value type 57.

Basically, I'm posting an account payable but still don't know which vendor I must pay in this moment.

FB50:

Debit: Expense (commitment Item 30/3)

Credit: Accounts Payable (Commitment Item 60/3)

Value type 54 is created.

After I find out which vendor I must pay, I'm posting the vendor invoice against the account payable account posted before.

Debit: Accounts Payable (Commitment Item 60/3)

Credit: Vendor (Commitment Item 60/3)

When I make the payment of the vendor, the systems shows two warning messages (FICUSTOM114 and FMUP027) and pays the invoice. Although the payment is ok, as the systems does not find the FMinvoice, the FM reports are inconsistents, the payment is not reflected in FM, and the Value Type 57 (payment) is not posted.

If I post the expense directly for the vendor and pay the invoice, the systems is fine and the Value Type 57 is created.

Did you have this issue before? Waiting for your comments.

Best Regards,

Carlos.

2 REPLIES 2

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eduardo,

I'm trying to understand your query above, but I’m confused with your below statement:

"Basically, I'm posting an account payable but still don't know which vendor I must pay in
this moment. FB50"

As per your explanation this is not the system issue, actually you are not following the appropriate process, e.g. if you don't know the vendor, and you must want to pay, which is strange.....

In practical if you don't know the vendor, it’s the situation of Accrued expense: expense is recognized before cash is paid out.

Accrued expense is a liability whose timing or amount is uncertain by virtue of the fact that an invoice has not yet been received. The uncertainty of the accrued expense is not significant enough to qualify it as a provision. An example of an accrued expense is a pending obligation to pay for goods or services received from a counterpart, while cash is to be paid out in a latter
accounting period when the amount is deducted from accrued expenses.

For monthly reporting you have to show this expense, for the month its belongs, so in this case I would suggest use SAP standard functionality Accrual/Deferral and book this entry at month end by T.Code: FBS1, e.g. reporting month is May, then post this entry posting date May 31,2014 and give reversal date 1st of June 2014.

FBS1: Posting Date: 31-04-2014

Debit Expense                      XXXX

Credit Accrued Expenses (B/S GL)              XXXX

Reversal 1st day of June: 01.06.2014

Execute T.Code F.81 1st day of June, you can schedule it also, then system will read the reversal date form original accrual document and post the following entry.

Debit Accrued Expenses (B/S GL)    XXXX

Credit Expense                    XXXX

Later on you when received actual invoice, let’s say on 25th of June you received the vendor invoice:

T.Code FB60

Debit Expense XXX

Credit Actual Vendor

Then make payment by F.53 or F110, in this way you will have track of your expenses, AP and FM reporting, and I hope there shouldn't be any problem at all, as long as it won't exceed your budget. 

Kind Regards
Javed

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using on-line update, you should check if the recommendations mentioned in the following note in terms of FM and FI settings are fulfilled:

1695556 - Main features of Customizing for onilne payment update

Additionally, please, consult this note as well:

882379 - FMPU_R: Recommendations for online payment update

Regards,

Eli