cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 TO PI 7.0 UPGRADE : Starting System Failed rc = 0.. -R PATEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!!

I am upgrading XI 3.0 ( ABAP + JAVA) to PI 7.0. I have done Kernel Patch Level Upgrade, Java Upgrade, SPAM Upgrade and Basis Plug In Upgrade i.e. from PI_1_2004 t o PI_1_2005 . I have completed the PREPARE FOR ABAP AND JAVA AS WELL.

ABAP UPGRADE AND JAVA UPGRADE IS STARTED IN PARALLEL , AS SUGGESTED IN UPGRADE GUIDE.

At phase 169 of 489 for ABAP Upgrade, I am getting the error msg :

"starting system failed. rc=0. Repeat the phase until the shadow instance is started, and

you can log on Instance Number 02."

As per Log file vi STARTSFI.LOG :

"2 ETQ370 starting test RFC

4 ETQ359 RFC Login to: System="RP1", Nr="02", GwHost="v3rp1", GwService="sapgw02"

2 ETQ231 RFC Login failed "

As per Log File DEVTRACE.LOG :

"gateway runs with dp version 217000(ext=109000) (@(#) DPLIB-INT-VERSION-217000-UC)

gw/local_addr : 0.0.0.0

CCMS: AlInitGlobals : alert/use_sema_lock = TRUE.

Bind service sapgw02 (socket) to port 3302

• ERROR => e=28 semget(20210,1,2047) (28: No space left on device) [semux.c 924]

***LOG S06=> GwInitShTbl, SemInit ( 01) [gwxxtool.c 1684]"

I have checked the Disk Space and 17G is free, So, I think Disk Space Should not be an issue..

Pl. let me know ..How to proceed further ? !!

Many Thanks in Advance...

-RUPEN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For All the Concerned..

Refer sap note 525677 regarding manually starting shadow instance and it should work out..

Cheers!!

-RUPEN PATEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

has this problem resolved? I am also getting the same kind of problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiela Corinne!!

..Ya the problem is solved ...I refer the SAP Note 525677 ...started Shadow Instance Manually ..and it worked !! Actually the error was regarding not starting of shadow instance and it was displaying some irrelevant message!! ..But, you must stop the upgrade , b4 taking the steps as suggested in 525677 note... Hope this helps..!!

Pl. assign the points accordingly... if you find this helpful ..thanks!!

Regards..

-RUPEN PATEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing it is sure that problem with disk

• ERROR => e=28 semget(20210,1,2047) (28: No space left on device) [semux.c 924]

also could you please login to System="RP1", Nr="02" and check whether you are able to login or not? as you are getting 2 ETQ231 RFC Login failed " it looks like the passowrd problem.

Cheers,

-Sunil