Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict from creating the Network for 1st & 2nd level WBS

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our project structure we have up to 5 levels of WBS, In some cases we have creates  3 level also . Now we want to restrict creates Network for first two level WBS  , actually we want to restrict user to Create PR for those WBS so if we restrict them from creation of Network for 1st &  2nd level then they not able to create PR for same  .

Thanks,

Virendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign display transaction roll in his ID by basis consultant.....

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easiest option would be to use  'Substitution' (OPSN)

PRPS-STUFE = '1'   OR  '2'

AA element is substituted by: Constant value   No

OR

Untick account assignment indicator for those WBS

OR

Use Screen and transaction variant option (SHD0) to make field 'CAUFVD-AUDISP'   'RESBD-AUDISP' fields as 'Display' only.

OR

User status can also be a handy option.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I can suggest you other way round solution.

If you are sure that those two WBS will not take any actual or commitment cost, then its better to NOT to mark those WBS elements as Account Assignment Element. I mean, if you do not set the indicator of Acct. Assignment Element (Untick Acct Assignment Element) on those WBS, then user will not be able to create Networks on those WBS Elements. Try this on your development or quality client and let me know if it works.

If it works, then you just need to disabled the Acct. Assignment Element indicator for those two WBS element and you can achieve that through substitution and field selection of WBS as well.

OR

Just look at OPSG settings at tab component. Just look if that can solve your purpose because your requirement is to stop PR from those WBS element. (I am just wondering if you can stop user from creating/change material components from those WBS-Networks)

OR

Go for User Status and set it to on those WBS Elements. Object Types will be Networks and Network Header.

OR

Try to achieve a validation or substitution where in you can mark Res./Pur. Req as 1 (Never) only for those two WBS elements. In this way user cannot create PR on those two WBS elements.

Regards,

Amit

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

You can user User status to restrict the Network Creation on WBS.

CReate User Status and assign the same on WBS

It will definitely resolve your issue.

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh ,

I have created WBS status profile assign same in project profile (which is applicable for all WBS) for User Status so it is not possible to  change the user status for only those two WBS . As per my knowledge in standard SAP we can't restrict create PR by cj20n .

Thanks ,

Virendra