cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Travel Expense approval not displayed in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We here have implemented the travel expense workflow WS20000040. According to the current std functionality, when the requestor creates a travel expense request, he is able to attach any attachments along with the request. But when the request moves to the approver in his UWL, he is not able to see the attachments. (except a default one which on clicking, opens the PR05 txn)

Is there any config or note which needs to be applied for these attachments to be visible under the UWL's attachments?

Please help.

Regards,

Pranita

Please refer attached screenshots of requestor's and approver's screens..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranita,

as far as I know, there is no standard functionality that implements the GOS-Links into the UWL. I've had the same problem as you and implemented a workaround that works as follows:

I wrote a class that implements the Interface IF_SWF_IFS_WORKITEM_EXIT and within the only method it contains I read the GOS-Documents which I then attach as normal workflow attachments to the Workflow API. The Class is used within the programming exit of my Workflow's decision task (it's then, by definition, automatically executed). This approach has one major disadvantage: The attachments are only passed to the WF upon sending the TRIP for approval, i.e. only when the workflow is executed, naturally. This means if the TRIP is sent for approval and then the employee creates attachments afterwards (which is possible even if the trip itself can not be changed due to authorization etc.), the manager will not receive these retroactively attached documents.

Beforehand: I'll not share the coding for this because I based it on the coding of an external colleague; but the description above should give you a design-technical idea of how to achieve your requirement.

One more thing. To get rid of that nasty process object that links to the PR05, you can use SWFVISU. I didn't know how to do this myself until 4 months ago or so. explained me how to do it in one of my threads over here:

Hope it helps.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for such an elaborate reply. I am happy to inform that, thanks to one of the forum users' document, I was able to successfully implement the same logic that u mentioned, (Program Exit) . I could even see the attachments then in the UWL.

But what made me wonder is that, in order to stick to the standard functionality, rather than customization, if a provision has been made for the user to attach documents to the request, why isn't the approver able to see them in his queue?

Cheers,

Pranita

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranita,

Check this thread with a very similar requirement

Regards,

Ibrahim

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranita

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the forums .

Now in relation to the issue that you have described regarding the attachments not displaying in the UWL two points of baseline analysis to begin with are:

1. Ensure the UWL connectors are configured and setup correctly with no exceptions in the status column.
  2. Ensure there are no underlying issues i.e. with custom attributes

Also ensure the latest Patch levels have been applied.

• SAP Note 1750738 - Attachments not visible in UWL Preview area

When this issue occurs again can you please check if the attachment is visible directly from the PCD:

Go to    > Content Administration    > Portal content

a. Content provided by SAP

b. End user content

c. Standard Portal users

d. Iviews

e. com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.iviews

f. open the folder

g. right click on the Universal Worklist

h. and display a preview

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Troy,

Thank you for your contribution. I am doing just fine and hope you are too.

I'll surely consult the Enterprise Portal person regarding the same and revert back.

Cheers,

Pranita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranitha,

I am from portal. i am facing the same issue. attachments are avilaable.but not showing UWL.let me

know how to resolve

Former Member
0 Kudos

THis note is something relate to 7.02. i am facing the issue in 7.31.