cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default access of Power User in ACL

0 Kudos

As we enter into the ACL (Access Control List) of activities or WBS, the name of the user creating the project comes automatically by default in the list and we can add others, if we desire. Then if our own name (that came by default) is deleted, the systems gives error and denies the deletion of default name.

Now i want that the name of a user (Power User) be coming in the ACL list by default and cannot be deleted, even if the line is intended to be deleted. This means that automatically by default, a user (Power User) must have access to all projects (completely), even if any other creates the project.

Kindly guide me the way. Is it available through standard or customization is required and its procedure....?

Thanks.

Abdul Karim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should be tried through development only.  Even development seems difficult as there were no exits or anything in that part of the program where ACL is there.  I am not aware if SAP has brought in any enhancement spot in that area in the new EHP (EHP7).

Regards,

Giresh

0 Kudos

Since this is a very important issue for us to keep track of all the projects within our company. We cannot look after each project manually to ensure they have enetered the Power User name in ACL. Experts please look into it more and advise. I hope this cold be achieved in ECC 6 too. Definitely there is the functionality that enables the creating user of a project that his names comes automatically in the ACL and cant be deleted. The same must have option to replace that with Power user specific ID. Waiting for way  out.

Thanks

Abdul Karim

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i understand about ACL just maintain in network and project profile and assign to user's authorization roll.

what is effect of ACL : user unable to see project object or object will show in RED text. and they can not modified it.

Resolution : CNACLD transaction to be for it if you execute it and delete all selected object then then ACL would be deleted for that user.

• The transaction CNACLD can be restricted through authorization object  C_PROJ_ADM.(implement note 1300879)
  • Through CNACLD currently you cannot substitute an ADMIN ACL with another USER. This is only meant for deleting ACLs.
  • To enable ACL you must have activated it on the project profile.  Then   run RPSACL_MIGRATE  already existing project so that they are ACL enabled.

Regards,

Sanjeev