Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Logon Disable in SAP

former_member1318996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have disable the multiple login's in SAP through RZ10.When users network session was  lost any reason.he will  not able to login again

because the only option "Terminate this login " Showing . I want to enable other option "Continue with this logon & ends any other logon"

so the user are  ends the free session.Please help

Rgds

sudarshan

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

please search for parameter , something like...

multigui_exclude_users

specify users who wwho should not be restrict by multi GUI login parameter.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want 1 & 3 Option enabled. How it possible ?

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this is not possible. When the session is lost, all unsaved data are rolled back.So you are not able to return to the session. Correct me if I am wrong.

Kind regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, you should have posted this in Security forum.  Nevertheless, check this thread where the same topic was discussed

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Ok... But This is different .My Simple query is can we enable the 1st  & 3rd option of Multiple logon screen.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the setting as '1' as in following screen shot .

You will find this error after setting as

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done as you suggest but still it will showing 1 Option disable.

Rgds

Sudarshan

0 Kudos

Dear Sudarshan,

I too came across same scenario like you had. As it is SAP standard license compliance, your requirement is not possible at all. I have explored & enabled recently in my prod. If that option is possible, then there is no point in enabling that parameter. We only have the option of giving some special logins.

So its not worth looking for that option.

Rgds,

Durga.

0 Kudos

Hi,

in my system this is working fine as you can see in my previous reply screen shot. exactly 1 and tgird option is available only. can you attach screen shot of your active profile .

0 Kudos

Screen shot of Active profile means, the screen shot during user multiple attempt options?

Rgds,

Durga.

0 Kudos

active profile means where you are changing the logon parameter from RZ10 you can find active profile .

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have change in active  instance profile.

Rgds

sudarshan

0 Kudos

after changes have you restart the server? you have to restart the server after change in profile

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i have restart 2-3 times but the first option is still inactive.

Rgds

Sudarshan

0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

As per my company policy we are using the 2 master IDs (both dialog & audit filter has been put on). I want to restrict 1 user id from multi logon and 1 need to be given multi logon. In this case let us assume I am having license over multiple logons..

Can you please suggest me how to achieve this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

You are right, it shows only one Option "Terminate this login" because :

1)When a user switches off the PC without first logging off from the SAP System,

or if the SAPGUI program is terminated prematurely for some reason,the System considers

that the user is still logged onto the SAP System.

2) The locks held by the user when the problem occurred are not released because the user is no longer active in the SAP System. 

And hence the option "Continue with this logon and end any other logons in system" gets greyed out.

3) You can release the locks by logging off the user from transaction SM04, but he

will lose any unsaved work.

Regards,

Savitha

0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

I got your point absolutely & understand but is there any way to enable first option if the user

session terminate & they can select the option and terminate the other logon.

Rgds

Sudarshan

0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

There is no parameter setting which can control this. I've experienced this issue from the users when I was a Basis person. Terminate the user session from SM04 and he can see the options again.

Best Regards,Savitha

0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

There is SAP version issue because some other are showing options in same parameter setting.Its very head tic every time they call to basis person to kill the session.

In this option user can select the first option & terminate the other sesion.

Rgds

Sudarshan

0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope i am not too late to join this discussion.

My issue is the other way around whereby i want to disable the option of terminating any existing sessions / active logon..

I am using SAP ERP ECC6 EHP6. Most of our users are using SAP GUI 7.20, 7,30 and 7.40.

I have activate the paramater login/disable_multi_gui_login with value = 1.

0 Kudos

You could swap systems with Sudarshan? (just joking 😉

I don't think this is possible as the origin is likely to be that people share user IDs and this was a modification to the screen to grey out the button so that people are forced to use a different shared user ID if this one is taken already.

Cheers,

Julius