Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IdM 7.2 SP6- Future dated role assignments not showing in the UI

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

After assigning a role to an identity with a valid from date in the future it is not visible in the UI.

I've tried to configure this in the MX_ASSIGNMENT attribute and also in task level (same attribute) but still no good.

It only shows the current assignments. The Advanced option does not do anything.

Is this due to SP6. Do we have to move to SP8 for this to work?

Please advise.

Ranjit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

this looks good to me.

Can you see the future values, when you use the "Modify Identity"-task?

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi

I've had success with this. I retested with the same settings (that I provided earlier) for the "change identity" task and it works fine. Then I tried the same with the "Display identity" task and it worked as well. However what I noticed with the "Display identity" task is that I actually had to choose the task rather than just look for the pending values in the initial screen - hope I'm making sense here . See below screenshots

When I choose the task "Display identity" I get the below which is what I wanted to see in the above screen as well.

Any ideas why I'm not able to see the pending values in the first screen (above). I have the same display task defined in MX_PERSON.

Your thoughts please.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi

Further to my previous response I just checked again and it appears the pending assignments are also showing on the first screenshot. It looks like it took a while to update the MX_PERSON entry type. But all good now.

Thanks for your help.

Ranjit

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

that's great! But please don't forget to close the thread properly. Just mark your own last post as the correct one, as it answers the thread.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi

One last question I had was, are such changes transportable?

What sort of changes are transportable? Since I'm new in this area I need some guidance please.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ranjit

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranjit,

That's a great question.  All changes made to a task or workflow are transportable as they are stored in the configuration of the object.  All related attributes, scripts and attached objects should be brought over as well.  Double check the settings on the import / export dialog to make sure.

An important note: IDM does not transport the same way that other modules do.  It has its own application for doing so.

Also the mechanism will change with IDM 8, as we move to the "package" concept.

Matt

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

The future assignments(pending assignment) are only visible into the display identity UI task, where you are able to see also and historical values.

Kind Regards,

Simona Lincheva

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simona

Thanks for your response. Please see my response to Steffi. What am i missing?

PLease advise.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjit,

can you please share the settings for the attribute and for the task you're using? For the last obe I'm most interested in the presentation tab.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi

Please see below screenshots. This is the display identity UI task I'm using.I've tried the below settings and it still will not show pending (future dated) role assignments. What else am I missing? Please advise.