Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDA for virtual tables using analytical and Attribute views

anup_singh5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP note 1868209 , Section 4 of solution states restriction of using virtual tables with Analytical & Attribute views.

Is there any feature added in SPS08 version for Smart data access drivers or should be using only calculation views ?

Below statement from SAP Note :

( 4. Restrictions for SAP HANA smart data access in SAP HANA SPS 06:

Analytical views and attribute views do not support virtual tables. However, you can support

virtual tables by adding a SQL statement in your calculation views that refer to virtual tables.)

Thanks & Regards,

Anup Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

As per SP08, you can use Virtual Tables for Analytic Views.

Check the document:

http://www.saphana.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/4681-102-2-10586/HANA_SPS08_NEW_SDA.pdf

Regards,

Vivek

gowrisankar_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As per the documentation, Virtual Tables can be included along with Physical tables when creating an Analytic & Attribute Views in SP-08.

I have tried in SP08 & SP09 branch [orange] but it is not working.

When we drag and drop a virtual table to Analytic/Attribute view. It will show a pop up to ask "Do you want to copy this view as Calculation View?". If select "Yes", it will lead next steps to copy, "No" =>

nothing happens..

Can you please help me to proceed further.Is the documentation wrong or issue with the application?

BR,

Gowrisankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also trying to create attribute/analytical views on top of virtual tables. Have you had any luck?

gowrisankar_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

As per implementation when you use virtual tables, those are basically row based tables and virtual table support implemented only in calculation.

So When we drag and drop a virtual table to Analytic/Attribute view, It will show a pop up to ask "Do you want to copy this view as Calculation View?". If select "Yes", it will lead next steps to copy, "No" =>nothing happens..

Let me know if you need more details.

BR,Gowrisankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i need details. when I select 'yes', the config mapping process is not clear.

gowrisankar_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Support for Virtual Tables is available only in Calculation Views. If you try to add them in a Analytical or attribute Views you get prompted to migrate that to a Calculation View, so the original Analytical or attribute View is left as it is.

Steps:-

1.When you drag and drop virtual table to created analytical or attribute view, It will show a pop up to ask "Do you want to copy this view as Calculation View?". If select "Yes, it will take you to the mass copy feature(calculation view wizard),which converts the attribute or analytical view as calculation view.

Please follow the screenshots for more information. Let me know if you still not clear.
Step1:

Step2:

Step3:-

Step4: