cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System not to stop despite active active PID documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

New requirement , system should not stop from putaway and picking even when PID are active in WM, as for both Continuous inventory and Cycle counting.Please suggest how to bypass the system restriction.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how could you do a correct count if at the same time  goods  are moved in and out.

what should be the book value and and how could SAP understand that your physical count  was before or after the movement?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may want to read my blog

which explains how to organize a count to avoid too much disturbance of the regular business

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to say that this although probably is possible with a lot of ABAP modifications, isn't at all a good practice, on the contrary and it would be very bad for your IM/WM system health to make this possible.
So I'll advise you not to do this as it leads to a very bad practice of changing the stock during physical inventory. I would say that it's practically insane to do so.

I know, and believe me that I really know how big, HUGE pressure a business can make requesting that processes mustn't stop for such a long time, but it is our responsibility to take the best care of the system and not let the business drive the system in the wrong lane with this kind of requests!
So tell them to keep their nose out if they want to have healthy and high quality system!

Keep up!