Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHINE demo content

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day,

Ever since upgrading to SPS7 and now SPS8 my SHINE demo content has been broken.  Specifically the table references have been incorrect, for example Analytic view AN_PURCHASE_COMMON_CURRENCY references table SAP_HANA_DEMO.sap.hana.democontent.emp.data::EPM.MD.Products instead of SAP_HANA_DEMO.sap.hana.democontent.emp.data::EPM.MasterData.Products.

The download for the updated Demo content doesn't appear to have anything to update these tables..........

And because the tables are renamed most of the objects in the democontent package have errors.

Has anyone else had this problem?  And suggestions to resolve it?

Cheers,

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I discovered that the associated EPM.hdbdd file was not activated to recreate these tables because of a problem with _SYS_RT.  Eventhough I've updated to SPS8 my _SYS_RT schema version is 1, so calling the "migrate_SYS_RT_25to27.py" returns the following:

- _SYS_RT schema version 1.00 1 differs from expected 1.00 25 => no schema version update at the end of migration

The further along I get an error:

- hdbcli.dbapi.Error: (259, 'invalid table name: Could not find table/view CDS_STRUCTURE in schema _SYS_RT

I'm hoping that this can be resolved and can avoid a complete reinstall.

Any assistance is most welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,

JB

SimonKranig
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

sounds like a general issue with the _SYS_RT schema.

SHINE wise there have been adaptions to the table names and hence on the models based on these tables.

If you have not done any changes to the tables/models the upgrade from SP7 SHINE to SP8 SHINE should work fine. If not, please undeploy the older delivery unit of SHINE and then install the new one.

You can check the SHINE release note here:

1934114 - SAP HANA DEMO MODEL - SHINE Release & Information Note

best regards,

Simon

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately without being able to execute the hdbdd object for creating the tables the new deploy fails.

I decided to just reinstall SPS8 from scratch because I had a demo this week and couldn't wait.

Thanks for the response nonetheless.

Cheers,

JB