cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF transaction material description display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all i have troubles with RF transactions because all the materials are displaying only few characters not the full description-so if i have two very similar materials:
Matnr - Maktx

1110024 - barrel for water fuel large - blue

1110124 - barrel for water fuel large - white

on rf i see only the part "barrel for water fue" for example
and i cat even see if its large,not to mention color!

how can i solve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are the standard screens and you need to make modfications in order to display the full material description. The default field for material dscription has length 20 chars, you can see that in SE80, function group LMOB. Choose the screen you are looking at (you can see the screen number at Status option in LM01 on terminal/PC). You will see the limitation there.
So, you need to modify (create new transaction/screens) with larger field for mat.desc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im sorry can you give me some more detail about how to find which trnsaction and screen to send my abaper to modify? I want to fix that on all screens on rf transactions where material description is shown.How much work would it require from my abaper,he is a very busy man?

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On any screen that you want to see which function group and screen number it is,
use LM01 to go to the exact screen, choose System => Status.

On the info screen, in section SAP data, Repository data, you will see:

Program(screen): SAPLLMOB, this means that function group is LMOB.
Screen: 2100.

Now go to SE80, choose Function group in dropdown list, enter LMOB:
(then extend Screen folder and find 2100, send the screenshot to your ABAP-er)

Regards,
Mihailo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One thing is not clear from your thread that whether you are using the Custom RF transaction or Standard RF transaction

If you are using custom RF transaction then you need to ask you development team to activate the scrollable field in the screen so that you can scroll towards right to check the full description or

he can introduce another line to display the full Material description but this depend on your requirement and only your Technical team help on this.

As far as Standard RF transaction are concern it is not advisable to make change in the standard screen hence ask the developer to copy the screen and make the change (activate the scroll button or add a new field to display the full text),

TO check the list of RF transaction you can goto

SPRO ----LE------Mobile date entry----Define Menu management

you can find a list of RF transaction which are assigned against your warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Maniche,yes we hve standard screens and sure our developer always creates Z-transactions leaving the standards unchanged.I have found the screen number Mihaio thanks for the info again.We are using ITS if that is of some importance.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesn't matter, he will just recreate screen templates in ITS, the DEV will know what to do don't worry.