Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM - Inspection Lot Stock tab missing in QA11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is raw material inspection and I executed the scenario as follows

Step 1 : Assigned 01 inspect type to the material in QM view .

Step 2 : Created three MIC's

Step 3 : Created Sampling procedure

Step 4 : Created inspection plan for material by assigning MIC's & Sampling procedure to operation.

Step 5 : Goods receipt of 100 Qty for the material through purchase order.

Step 6 : Created Inspection lot for material.

Step 7 : Inspection lot selection for material and recorded the results.Then valuated the results and i reject 2 out of 3.

Now I have to post the some qty to unrestricted use & some qty to vendor i.e return delivery. To do the same, inspection lot stock tab is missing in QA11.

Pls suggest if I missed any thing in this process.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello Srinivas,

This scenario often happens if you don't maintain the Inspection Planning for material immediate after the GR, hence you would skip the lot generated for the material at the background, remember only the materials was assigned to QM not with insp plan, later it would have been assigned and carried out sampling procedure.

Manual lot creation for the material will not help stock to be moved to unrestricted as you said it won't be visible, you can view the relevant material in MMBE do right click and --- > Stock/Requirement list and copy the desired lot no for qty, and perform QA11 with it you can able to see inspection lot stock tab.

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

I found the inspection lot in MMBE. But, system through error "The operation does not exist for inspection lot and work center entered.

With Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

As i mentioned the materials was not assign to Quality plan but with insp type in material master so you got your lot generated, since the plan wasn't assign because of which you cannot perform result recording for that lot.

Suggesting to post the stock using QA11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I tried to post the stock in QA11 also, but system through's message see below screenshot.

You said that material was not assigned to inspection plan. But, I used QP01 to create inspection plan , the same thing I was mentioned in my first post also.

Is there any other way to create inspection plan for the material.

With Regards

Srinivas

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeing the whole discussion and referring to the error message, I assume two things,

1. You said you created an inspection lot manually and that's is the only lot present. Then which inspection lot you refer to when you say you found it in material document screen.
  2. Anyway, let settle down for this confusion and coming to the error message. Then, I think, you need to look for this inspection lot in QA32. Please do that. There is a probability that the operation number you are entering is wrong or has been modified. Is the operation same in the QE01 (the one see there) and in the inspection plan ? Try processing this lot via QA32.

But again, please confirm if you see two inspection lots in the system. Put only material number, plant, insp origin 01 and select 'All inspection lots' then execute. Since you have activated the 01 and qty is also posted into QI for the GR, there has to be one automatic inspection lot (else qty will not be posted to QI).

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share the Status display details. I think you have already made the usage decision.

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, Just to correct. He already did the result recording and rejected 2 out of three 3 MICs. Pl refer the original query. So I don't think inspection plan wasn't assigned. Correct me if I'm wrong !!

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello NiTiN J,

I will clear the confusion.

As I described the scenario in my first post, I have created inspection lot manually (QA01), then selected the same using QA32, here I had recorded the results & UD also. When I check in MMBE for unrestricted use stock, it is still showing under QI only. Then I  identified that Inspection lot stock was missing. So, I started posting in SCN (After searching).

Mean while in the discussions I thought that, I completed RR & UD for the material. Now if any suggestions from expects won't applicable for my query. So, after Craig's recent discussion, for the same material once again I have done the GR through purchase order and created inspection lot manually.

Now I found inspection lot (1st) through Material Document(i.e. MB51 as suggested by Mr.Craig)

In QA32 (2nd) inspection lot, which is created manually.

Now I have two inspection lots for the same material and I have not recorded the results nor UD for these lots. Just created and waiting for suggestions.

And for 1st inspection lot , I tried to do results recording using QA11 also. But system through's error as shown in screenshot.

I think I cleared the confusion.

Pls correct me if I am wrong or missed anything.

With Regards

Srinivas

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Now I get it. As you see in the first inspection lot, system status is shown as CRTD. You need to have REL to do RR and UD.

I believe you have created inspection plan and it was created, may be, after the inspection lot generation.

If not, run check on following,

• In the material master for this material, please check if you have activated the automatic assignment for the inspection type 01. If not, set it.
  • This material is not assigned to more than one inspection plan.

There could be other reasons as well which I can't write here therefore pl go through this very nice document and you'll definitely get the solution.

Inspection lots with CRTD status- Causes and Remedies - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

Once done, please share what exactly caused it.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NiTiN J,

I have created inspection plan first and then created inspection lot and I checked the material master every thing is ok.

Coming to the inspection plan, as you said material is having two inspection plans with same usage. I deleted one inspection plan as suggested in the document shared by you. Now my scenario match's with 1st scenario in the document. I followed the steps as per 1st scenario and at "step g"

message displays as "No inspection plan could be found ". As per step g. Click on Task list/spec. You will get message as Inspection plan xxx was assigned to the inspection lot.

How can I now assign inspection plan to inspection lot......?

With Regards

Srinivas

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the selection parameters used in the inspection lot.  (key date, usage, material, plant etc..) against the plan.  Odds are you need to change the key date to today's date.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Yes its working now.

My mistake : Key date is 20.02.2014 i.e in the past, now I changed to current date 20.06.2014.

Thanks to every one for guiding me in solving this query /issue.

Thanks a lot

With Regards

Srinivas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. in an ideal SAP QM world you should never need to create manual inspection lots.  They are never stock relevant and will never control inventory.  Manual lots should only be used to correct improperly entered results, do special investigations, or support very unusual business practices, (which are rarely considered good QM practice).

Follow Anand's Wiki article that Nitin posted to correct your outstanding lot and you should be fine for future receipts once you fix the issue.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This probably could have been solved via a search but you did do a nice write up on the discussion. 

The first thing is to find out where the stock actually is.  Use MMBE to locate the stock.  See if the stock is in QI or UR.  Let us know.

But what is more likely is that you show "Step 6 - created inspection lot for material".  This tells me you did this as a separate step using QA01.  Manually created inspection lots are never stock relevant.

My guess is that you have another inspection lot out there somewhere for this material.  Use QA33 to look for all 01 lots in the plant and see if you can find another lot.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Thanks for your reply.

First I tried to solve by search only. But I didn't get the answer. So, I try to explained the total scenario what I had done with that excepts can correct/suggest easily.

The stock is in QI only.

Yes as u said I created inspection lot using QA01 only and I checked in QA33 also. But no other lots was created for 01 inspection type, except the lot which I created manually(QA01).

With Regards

Srinivas

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run MB51 for the material batch.  Look for the 101 movement type and double click on the material document.  The document will be displayed.  Click on the tab "Quantity"  You should see a field "Status GR Doc."  It should be "1" and next to it a button labelled "InspLot".  That will tell you if an inspection lot was created. If it was, you need to process that lot.

If not, than you need to deactivate QM for the material, (use QA08), and manually move the stock with a material movement.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

As you said I found Inspection lot and now trying to do results recording using QE01. But, system through error "The operation does not exist for inspection lot and work center entered.

With Regards

Srinivas