cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping or Saving a check box in agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on customising Work Manager 6.0 on Agentry Editor 6.1.3. I have a list of personnel on the left side of the screen and on the right hand side, I have a check box that shows for every personnel selected on the left side. Somehow when I tick this check box and move on to select another personnel, when I return to the previous one that I had checked, the check is gone and the check box is empty again. What steps do I have to do/undertake so as to retain this check box tick even when I navigate/select another personnel with their own tickbox?

Your help is very much appreciated!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

Please post a screen shot to show us the screen you are working on and to demonstrate the problem.

You also need to be more specific:

What client platform are your working with? (iOS phone/tablet, Android, PPC, Windows)

Is this a new screenset or are you customizing an existing screenset?

What control are you using for your list on the left?

Is this a transaction screen or a detail screen that displays an object?

How did you create these check boxes next to each list entry?

What are you trying to do with this screen?  What is the point of all the check boxes and what are you ultimately trying to accomplish?

Lots or questions, but all relevant to understanding your need and providing a solution.  Thanks.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason;

Thank you for the prompt response, ok, so I am using the WPF Client on windows to do the testing. This is a totally new screenset that I have created from scratch. Please see screenshot:

The screen on the left hand side is a Tile List.

The screen on the right hand side is a transaction screen that is being called by a Tile Edit defined field. What I would like to do is that, when a particular individual/personnel has been selected on the left and ticked on the right hand side, have their details: PersName, PersID and Work Centre stored on a different object/table for transmission later to the backend. This check box is created as a button on the screen and attached to a boolean property type, true when checked and false when unchecked.

I hope this answers all your questions to help me.

Thanks;

Sizo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more infor: I would like to retain the ticked checkbox as well, once a personnel has been ticked and the user moves onto the second one, I would like this check on the previous checked personnel to remain visible.

Thanks!

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

So you select a row on the left Tile List.  Then the Tile Edit on the right targets the object selected in the list and displays the data?  If this is the case, then your check box should persist as long as you are saving the data.  On your screen field for the check box, make sure you set the "value when selected" to "true" on the last Button tab to match the transaction property and object property.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Yes, you are right, I select a row on the left tile list, then  the tile edit on the right targets the object selected in the list and displays data, together with this data, I have included a checkbox which is of a different object "Personnel" which I would like to use for keeping the personnel that has been selected/ticked. I have done as you have suggested, but somehow, the checkbox seems disabled for checking, please see screenshots below:

Thanks;

Sizo

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

What do you mean "of a different object personnel"?  You can't do that.  This is a Tile Edit control.  You need to edit the existing object displayed in the list, not point to some other object.  You need to add a boolean field in the same object you are targeting to hold the crew check box info.  The edit transaction must also have a boolean field that points to the object property defined for the list object.  The IsInCrew screen field then needs to be tied to the boolean in the edit transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason;

I came right with your method, thanks. You're great man!!!

Answers (0)