SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS-Oil: Automatic updation of F&A in the contract

0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I'm facing a problem in the contract with automatic updation of "update F&A", while sending a price notification to the customer via batch-job.

Our client uses contracts based on which price notifications are sent. When one contract is about to expire, a new contract is being created before the present contract is expired,

Example: Contract1 - Validity start: 01.01.2014 and Validity end: 30.06.2014

Contract2 - Validity start: 01.07.2014 and Validity end: 31.12.2014

In this scenario, while creating contract2 if I give pricing date as 01.07.2014 then there is an error "mandatory condition is missing", due to unavailability of quotations. If I give document date as pricing date sys is considering old condition record values. If a batch-job is scheduled for 01.07.2014, the system should update new condition record and send the price notification to the customer.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on the Quotation average period.

as per you words, if you make the document date as the pricing date, it take old quotation availbale. so i assume you created the contract before 01.07.2014 where you dont have quotes for 01.07.2014.

When you schedule a price notifction  job  for future date, you should also ensure you contract is repriced for the date of 01.07.2014. To achieve this schedule a job which will change the pricing date in the contract to job schedule date so that a new pricng is carried out for the contract and it also update the F&A.

Ensure your Reference date exit in final and provisional rule is pricing date.