cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch modification during Transfer order confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our business process requires that batches to be scanned during the picking process and as the material is pre-labeled/stacked over the process is to pick the easily accessible top trays. As we have WM enabled locations, picker will get a transfer order for picking 80 pcs (10 per tray shown in blue) for batch Batch 4 (oldest batch). Below pictorial shows 14 trays in a single bin location 01-01-01. Picker will pick the 8 trays (disregarding the batches as they are in 2D barcode). In this below case, picker will pick top 8 trays.

As per my knowledge SAP doesn't allow change in batches on transfer orders so an IT development is required. In our solution, we are planning to cancel the transfer order and use the batches provided by the scanning of the picker of picked trays to create and auto-confirm new transfer order in background. We do need the initial transfer order to let picker know the bin location for picking.

I want to see if experts on SCN has any other suggestions on the IT development (or some configuration option that we may have missed).

Thanks.

Naren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naren, actually I have created a development of this kind just a month ago for a client, although not exactly the same, it has a limitation that if batch determination proposed "batch100" for picking with qty 100 pcs, we need to enter the batch with at least 100 pcs available during TO confirmation and the system should accept that new batch "batch999".

Of course, this is modified for non-bulk storage types since in bulk ST you can change batch in standard system.

For start, I'll tell you what you need to take into account... First, you need to enable batch field on picking screen for entry - user can enter new batch number. Then you need to take the entered batch and select the quant with the appropriate batch and quantity, update transfer order item level (LTAP table), update both quants old one to reset the quantity to be picked (available qty too), and the new one to edit the same thing (table LQUA).

After that you should be able to confirm the TO for new quant/batch and you will have no inconsistencies. I can't access the code ATM, but you should have some checks done before applying the changes and confirming the TO in order to make sure not to make an inconsistency...

If you have more questions please do ask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

I will keep your development option in mind but I am going back to bulk storage picking option which you mentioned allows batch modification. For some reason, my configured bulk storage type is not allowing me to modify batch during transfer order confirmation (LT12).

Let me know if you are aware of bulk storage type setup to allow batch modification.

Thanks.
Naren

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again Naren,

Any bulk storage type that has mixed batches allowed should allow you to change batch during confirmation.

I think that you would only be able to modify it if you have more than one batch in the bin.

Are you using storage unit management? If yes, simply by scanning the appropriate storage unit you will pick the exact batch contained in SU, and if not, you should be able to change batch after confirming storage bin.

Regards,
Mihailo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

I checked the bulk storage and configured it per SAP guidelines and it's still pulling a batch during TO creation against delivery. And there is no option of modifying the batch during TO confirmation. If I scan a different storage unit during confirmation, it errors out.

So, the option of not having a batch on TO or modifying the batch/storage unit doesn't seem to be working? Do you have more information on BULK picking to allow batch neutral transfer order.

Thanks.

Naren Ginagam

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Is it possible for you to share the screenshot of your configuration related to bulk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the response. It was human error at my end during testing which caused TO with a batch number. Now I created a new set of data and TO is created without batch and I am stuck at TO confirmatino. As I need mixed batches in a location, for storage type setup of B storage unit management is required. The current process of confirmation of TO is to provide the SUs that puts the batch information. I am trying to see how I can have no batches during TO creation without using storage unit management.

Thanks.

Naren

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

If i understood correctly, you are looking for the possibility of maintaining a Bulk storage without storage unit management in which you can store multiple batch in the same bin and at the time of TO creation system should not propose the batch and you enter batch at the time of confirmation.

If my understanding is correct then this scenario is not possible in Standard as if the storage type is Bulk without storage unit management then system won't allow mixed storage hence you won't be able to store multiple batch in the same bin.

Mixed storage indicator

A / B / C / P  - Works with storage unit management only

X - Does't work with Bulk strategy 'B'

Probably you can look for some development as suggested by Mihailo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish/Mihailo,

Thanks for providing more information on BULK storage type and development options. Due to SAP restriction, I am planning to use SU management with BULK storage type and then see if that works with the autopack enhancement I am working on. I will provide more information per my discussion with developers on how the usage of BULK resolved this issue.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I found this post when looking for some tips in order to create a TO without batch and to confirm it when the SU is picked. I have one Bulk storage type with storage unit management and mixed storage indicator 'C'. I have two batches in the same bin.

The TO is created with batch and when I try to scan a different SU on confirmation, I get an error saying the SU does not match TO item data.

Is there another setting at storage type level I need to take into account?

Any advice/help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Benito

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the below mentioned setting. In my opinion if you will use 1 in the Total information then it will serve the purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked !!!

Thanks a lot Manish !!!!

Answers (0)