cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending PDF File through PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using PI 7.3. There is one requirement i.e. we have to pick up pdf file from one folder in ECC and simply post the same pdf file in another folder of ECC and all this work will be done by PI.

How can I achieve this requirement?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use simple File to File pick and place, mention the /directory/filename.pdf in the channels. And I guess this must be all.

You can refer this blog

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know we can send it through simple file to file without creating ESR Objects. We can send file by creating ID Objects only.

Let me explain the scenario more briefly:

Suppose there is two folder : Folder A & Folder B.

1. Folder B contain PDF Files.

2. Now as soon as Folder A send signal to Folder B, Folder B will send the PDF to Folder A.

3. Now PI comes into the picture at the time of sending PDF file from Folder B to Folder A.

Now my question is: Can we use soap as adapter in sender communication channel? Using soap sender channel can we achieve thisrequirement instead of using File adapter in sender communication channel?

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

If folder B contains PDF file and the requirement is to move the file to folder A when folder A sends the signal. what signal you mean polling once in a day then you can create sender file adapter to pick the file from Folder B then schedule the adapter to poll whenever you want.

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat,

There is no concept of polling here. Actually I forgot to mention that these folder A & folder B are in ECC.

We need not consider about the signal. May be after sending the signal it will change the name of that particular files which we have to move through PI. That time only PI will send the file from folder A to folder B.

How can we achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Moumita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

if the folders are present in ECC application system, then with out using PI we can move via FTP program written in ECC.

if you have to use PI then the only option left is you have mount the ECC directories to PI system then only you can access folders A and B via NFS file adapter.

Cheers

Hidayat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to transfer a pdf file from one location to another location with in ECC why do you want to use PI for that?

you can do it using normal ABAP i guess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

yes you can move the PDF files from one location to another location in the file system by creating interface in XI with dummy interface names. (simple file to file scenario)

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moumita,

Simply create a bypass File to File scenario without using FCC and touching ESR.

Follow below link for configuration in ID:

SAPTechnical.COM - File-to-File Scenario without creating Repository Objects

Regards,

Krupa