Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting SLED to work with WM

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We have a problem regarding SLED and WM it will not pick the correct quant (the quant with the lowest SLED date)

I have looked at several SLED questions here at SCN but none have given me any solutions, still it picks the wrong quant during creation of TO.

I have done the following

The materials are batch managed, the SLED is activated in OMKW for the Warehouse, and the Stock removal strategy is set to H for the storagetype we are working with.

The quants we are testing on have different GR dates, and SLED dates, but we are not able to get it to pick the one with least time All are stored in the same bin.  We have added Stock with less SLED and not been able to get the system to pick this. In material master the Min rem shelf time is set to 1 Day. We have also tried to manipulate this to 200, to get it to pick the one quant with 400 days remaining SLED but it does not seem to work at all.

Is there any customizing that we have overlooked?

Now it looks like it is picking the same quant until that one is totaly removed, then it picks a new batch and continues until that one is removed. It gives warnings about SLED date if we manipulate material master minimum shelf time to ex 200 days. Then it warnes us about that the picked batch only has fallen short of 188 days as an example.

What can be done to solve this so it picks the correct quants during TO creation?

Regards

Ivar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell us what is the logic behind the quant being picked, is it maybe the one with the earliest goods receipt?

The best I can tell you out of the blue is to debug the transaction and see why it have chosen this quant!
Requires a bit of technical knowledge but can bring you to the cause in 20-30 minutes undoubtedly.

And yes all you have stated is OK your settings should be fine so I agree with Pablo Marin, you should post us  the screen for batch determination for your warehouse, that might be the key...

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

The quants have different GR dates and different SLED's The GR comes automaticly from actual GR date, and then manually the SLED is maintained during based on what the Vendor has informed. So it can be the same GR different SLED and a GR today can have a SLED that is less than a GR done last week. (dont ask me why but this is how it is and makes problems for us now 🙂 )

Here a screenshot of the batch determination picture

regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The strategy H only checks information from the quants, not from the batch.

You would need to compare the quants (eventually post a screen shot of both quants) to understand why one is not automatically proposed.

SLED is not always maintained in a quant, it depends how the quant was created.

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

It is correct yes, it is a delivery that and then a TO is created based on this, it is during the creation of this TO it fails. Have checked the customizing as described over and there is a Search procedure for WM,the standard one.

As for the quants it looks for me that they are maintained With SLED see Attached pictuers.

And nr 2

It will pick the first batch here until it is empty, even if the sled should determine nr 2.

Any more hints or tricks to get this to work?

Regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

quick questions as one point is still unclear.

do you do a batch determination in the delivery? Does the delivery already have a batch number when you create the TO?

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

the delivery has no batch, the determination should happen during TO creation.

regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just read again the discussion and need another clarification on that sentence: Have checked the customizing as described over and there is a Search procedure for WM,the standard one.

This looks like you are having a batch determination in WM, while you actually want to use picking strategy H

I think the batch determination is carried out first, finds a batch, and then the picking strategy H picks the quant with the shortest shelf like for the same batch number.

But you do not have several quants of the same batch

Batch determination in WM has no sorting by SLED, you would need a modification for this.

Hence you should not use batch determination in WM at all if you want use picking strategy H.

Turn off the WM batch determination (remove the condition records)  and test your scenario again

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

But when I have selceted Stock removel strategy H which is SLED I belived it would look at SLED and not Batch (FIFO) the batch customizing is like this, it looks for me like the standard that no one has touched.

and

It is not set anything on the movmenttypes, everything is blank under that selection

The storagetype Control is like this

So I still dont understand why it does not pick the correct SLED? Should the batch search be removed for the WM number?

regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The customizing for batch search strategy alone does not explain if you really do a batch determination.

you would need condition records, maintained in LS51.

You can check in LS53 if you have condition records. Enter the strategy type (WM01 in your case)  then click strategy info. You are taken to a selection screen. Just execute and see if you get results for your warehouse number.

If yes, then I suggest to remove the condition record and test picking again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

But when i Select Stock removal strategy H, which is the SLED. I belived it would look at SLED and not Batch (in principle FIFO) The batch customizing is like this, it looks for me as standard that no one have touched.

and

It is not set anything on the movmenttypes there are everything blank.

The storagetype Control is like this

So i still does not understand why it does not pick the correct SLED. Should the batch search be removed for WM?

regards

Ivar

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ivar,

How have you defined the batch determination??

former_member237699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have tried to maintain the batchdetermination for both material/plant and mvt 601. in transaction MBC1. But it does not seem to work at all.

Is there any other Places to maintain this? This is MM movments and the batchdetermination should happen during TO creation, which is WM?

Regards

Ivar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has 4 different customizing tasks for batch determination, based on the process where you want to use it.

e.g. MM, PP, SD or WM

MBC1 is the customizing for MM batch determination. Do you really post a 601 movement with MIGO? Probably not. 601 is a goods issue for a delivery, done from VL02N.

So you would either determine the batch in the delivery, which means that your WM TO has already this batch proposed for picking.

Or the alternative way, you do batch determination in WM and with confirmation you move the batch into the delivery.

Use the IMG path instead of transaction codes, this is more safe and you will not miss the alternatives and you will not follow wrong guidance without any option to evaluate it first.

Go IMG >  Logistics general > batch management > batch determination > Batch Search Procedure Definition >  ...