cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Interface Proxy - Soap Webservice - determine bottleneck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guys,

a customer is running a synchronous scenario ABAP proxy to SOAP webservice using SAP PI 7.11.

At the moment the scenario is setup as classical scenario (dual stack).

The processing of single message tooks around 30+ seconds.

Looking at the performance monitoring as well as the HTTP_SEND step takes most of the time 30 seconds.

The webservice is called via HTTPS (SSL certificate is used).

Looking at the audit log the step taking the most time is "SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST"

At the moment I am not sure which component of this interface is the reason for this long processing time, either PI or the receiver webservice which is called using SOAP adapter.

I suppose it should be the webservice, but would appreciate if someone could share his/her thoughts on that, before getting in touch with supplier of the webservice.

Redesign the interface using ICO (java-only) is for sure an option, but I would focus on the understanding of the issue first.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

From your screenshot of adapter monitoring, it looks like the SOAP end point is responsible for this delay. You can check the Start time and end time in IE.

So the answer is the web service is taking too long to respond. Please check with the responsible team. 30 seconds is too long for a synchronous interface.

Ambrish

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Check note 1593920 Synchronous SOAP sender calls: fine tune PI under high load, which describes some of the tuning possibilities on the PI side.

Below is some further info on how to tune in various locations described in the above note:
1) Messaging System queue properties after XI 3.0 SP19 / XI 7.0SP11

2) Note 1945745 How to increase the number of HTTP Worker (FCA) threads in PI

3) Note 1621719 Timeout parameters in SOAP Sender/Receiver Adapter

Also check the performance guide available via note 894509 PI Performance Check.

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marks

thanks for response

1593920 deals with SOAP sender channel, which is not used in my scenario at the moment. At the moment I do not have any sender channel due to ABAP proxy with classical scenario.

But I am using SOAP receiver channel.

Do you think that the reason is related to the PI box?

Best regards

Jochen

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

It is difficult to tell exactly where the bottleneck is occuring. While the note #1593920 deals with the Sender channel, the same principles will apply for the receiver.

If you are on the default of 5 threads for the SOAP receiver sync connection, then I'd increase this to 10 and see if it makes any difference to the processing times.

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

indeed it is not easy to determine the bottleneck.

In the meantime I changed config to java-only processing (integrated configuration), so that sender is now SOAP (XI 3.0).

Regarding thread count still 5 max threads is defined as per default.

While running a test the SOAP resources seem not be exhausted, only 1 thread is busy

http://<AE_host>:<http_port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp

I would conclude that this indicates that the bottleneck is not within PI.

Please correct me, if I am wrong

Best regards

Jochen