cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions in MDG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have few questions. Please find them below.

1) What is the use of Active area while created a data model . For example it is partner for BP.

2) what is qualifying, Leading and referencing relationship.

3) what is the role of business objects in MDG.

4) How do i get what is the purpose of paramters like process, CREQUEST ect . Where can i get more detail for this.

Also please provide any material to get basic information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are very basic MDG concepts. You should consider taking MDG training. Any way, to answer your questions quickly:

1) Active area contains data that is ready for transactional use.

2) Leading is just like a key field foreign key to a master record; qualifying is like a key field foreign key to a check table; and referencing is a regular field foreign key to a check table.

3) what do you mean by business objects here? do you mean the workflow BOR BUS2250? if so, the main reason behind this object is to integrate MDG into the workflow engine.

4) parameters of what? the WDA application? if so, these parameters will be used when displaying an MDG CR. so, if you pass a CREQUEST, that specific CR will be displayed, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

• Thanks for the arswers, Could you please explain active area a bit more because for BP data model , Active area is PARTNER.What does it mean ?  Also plese tell whether we can create active area.
  • How will i get to know what are all the paramters available like if we pass a CREQUEST, that specific CR will be displayed, etc.
  • Also please tell the purprose of Business object in data model
Former Member
0 Kudos

Active area is where you store the data that is ready for transactional use. In case of MM and BP, the active area is the actual DB tables: MARA, MARC, LFA1, KNA1, BUT000, etc.

This has nothing to do with the Business Partner model. "Business Partner" exists without MDG. MDG just uses it.

To know all the parameters, you need to look in the Web Dynpro Application list of parameters.

Again, which Business Object are you referring to?