Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure issue when PGI done through IDOC

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

In my system PGI against outbound delivery is being done through inbound idocs in SAP. In my outbound delivery the sales unit is maintained as CS (Case) and BT (Bottle). The quantity in my delivery is 10 CS and 10 CS for both the line items. When IDOC is getting posted in SAP it has quantity as 10 in field LFIMG of segment E1EDL24 of IDOC type DELVRY07 for both the line items. We are not passing any unit in the field VRKME of segment E1EDL24 of the IDOC. The IDOC gets successfully posted but when I check the PGI document the it shows quantity as 0,417 CS and 0,0833 CS.

1 CS = 24 BT for material 10002616

1 CS = 12 BT for material 10002617

Base UoM for both the materials in the delivery is BT. What SAP is doing is converting the CS quantity in terms of base UoM. I have attached the PGI document and outbound delivery screenshot for reference.

After PGI the outbound delivery line item quantity changes as shown in the attachment.

Please let me know how to resolve this conversion issue so that I pass the same quantity as in my outbound delivery in IDOC and PGI should get posted with any change in quantity in my outbound delivery in terms of base UoM.

Thanks and Regards

Satish Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sathish,

I have some information for you instead of solution.

First, Let me repeat my Understanding first,

Material Base UOM is BT.

But, Delivery Unit is CS. that I could see in Delivery Screen shot.

This Conversion will be carried to Delivery. We can see in Delivery item level that information.

Here the point that we need to remember is, Once the Delivery is created, the UOM will be carries down to Delivery tables ( LIKP, LIPS ). That means, For further Transactions, System uses the UOM which is carried down to the delivery.

So, During PGI, Delivery already with UOM CS, So, System posted the PGI in same UOM. But, When it comes to display, in your above screen shot, you can see both UOMs. i.e., UOM and Base UOM.

We have two lines here.

0.417 Qty and UOM as CS - First line - Because, your delivery is already in CS UOM.

10 Qty of Base UOM as BT - Second line - This is the conversion happened for PGI.

As of now, I do not see any issues with your delivery. It created UOM as CS. And, Posted UOM as CS.

I really do not understand the conversion issue that you have mentioned above. Now, Can you tell about your issue again.

For resolution, you need to run the fresh scenario again.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish (again ),

My understanding is that Satish is attempting to deliver 10 CS for each item, but it is treating the input values as if they were BT and then converting those to CS.  So instead of delivering 10 CS for item 1 and 10 CS for item 2 it is delivering 10 BT (0.417 CS) for item 1 and 10 BT (0.833 CS) for item 2.  So if I were to restate Statish's question based on my understanding it is: "What values does he have to put in the IDOC in order to be able to deliver 10 CS for each item?"

Can you help him answer that?

Satish,

Obviously if I got any of that wrong please correct me.

Thanks,

Dave

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

You got my issue correctly.

@ Sathish - I think now you know my query.

Thanks and Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as a funny aside, do you know how confusing it is for me to be having a conversation with "Satish Kumar" and "Sathish Kumar"?  If if mess up please forgive me!

Dave

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Dave

Don't worry till now you have not messed up and even if you I don't mind

Thanks and Regards

Satish

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Hmm.. Here the issue is bit confusing same as our names .

I have few clarifications.

1, If you want to deliver 10 CS, then your delivery should also create for 10 CS. where as your delivery has got created for 0.417 CS. And did the GI for the same. Everything looks good for me.

The IDOC screen shot, which you have share is Inbound IDoc not Outbound IDoc. Just wanted to check, are you referring to the correct IDoc.

If you want to deliver 10 CS and the values in Delivery should be 10 CS, that means, you need to ensure that, you have created the delivery with 10 CS as UOM.

Here, I have few suggestions. can you cross verify that, are you referring to right IDoc?

Can you share the conversion screen shot of delivery at item level.

Is this IDoc screen shot of your destination System?

Regards,

Sathish

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check your Material master Ordering Unit in Sale Org view.

Regards,

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Let me start out by saying I am not an expert in this area, but I think I may be able to help.  First a few questions.  Why are you not passing the sales unit (VRKME) in the IDOC?  What value do you have for MEINS?  Have you confirmed that the Sales Unit actually is CS in the material master?  Can you provide a screen shot of the IDOC?  If the IDOC has VRKME = CS and MEINS = CS it should work.  With VRKME blank, it looks like SAP assumes the movement is being performed in the base UOM (again I am very curious what MEINS is).

Since IDOCs often talk to external systems that don't have all of the information about a material that SAP would have, it it generally a good idea to pass all of the required information in the IDOC.  If the Sales Unit in SAP is CS, but you pass a blank value for VRKME in the IDOC, there is an implied assumption that the receiving system will somehow be able to figure out what the Sales Unit is.  In my experience, sometimes it can, but sometimes it can't,  It looks like this is one of those cases when it can't, so my suggestion is that you pass the value for VRKME in the IDOC.

Dave

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

For material 10002616 the base UoM is BT and sales unit is blank in material master.

I just posted an IDOC by entering MEINS as BO and VRKME as CS for the IDOC but again same problem. I am attaching the screenshot of my delivery and IDOC posted. I am passing MEIN as BO because ISO code for BT is BO and ISO code for CS is CS only.

Please help me out and let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Can you try it again with both VRKME and MEINS = CS?

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

It didnt worked out. Below is the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Well the good news is that you have a very specific error now which means it is likely that someone can give you a very specific fix... but I'm afraid that is probably someone more well versed in the SD space than me.  Anything I could add at this point is speculation on my part as I have never encountered this specific error before. I do find it curious that the error message refers to "BOT" instead of "BO", so I am wondering if it expecting "BOT".  You may wish to try that, or you may wish to wait for advice from someone else who has actually experienced this problem before.

The only other advice I can offer, as I have been burned by this before, is that if there were any changes made to the material master after the sales order was created, it is easy to get fooled by what you see.  Always remember that the data associated with the sales order (and deliveries derived from the sales order) represent a snapshot of the material master at the time of the original sales order creation.  So if things were changing, it is best to start with a new sales order, created WITHOUT reference to any other order, and then test it from there.

I am sorry I could not be more helpful.

Dave

former_member1283268
Participant
0 Kudos

One correction :-

In my outbound delivery the sales unit is maintained as CS (Case) for both the materials.