Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintain user session in web dynpro application

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a web dynpro application. Whenever user presses F5 or refreshes the application, user is made available with login page. Instead, I want to maintain the session for that particular logged on user, so, whenever he refreshes he lands on the same page if his session is active.

As far as I read some discussions on scn, I got to know that there is no such thing in WD ABAP. Still, is there any way to accomplish this type of requirement?

PDN.

Regards,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you mentioning about stand alone application or your iview from portal?

Even the stand alone application doesn't prompt the logon page upon refresh/F5.

May I please know which browser and version you are trying with?

Thank You,

Gajendra.

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

I am talking about standalone application. We have created a custom view to handle the log in of the user and have by passed the default netweaver's login screen by providing credentials in service node in transaction SICF.

We are using internet explorer 10.

Regards,

Harsh

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

My assumption of your requiremnt:

The application is suppose to bypass SAP authentication and should prompt the user with a custom view .

So when the user logs in using the custom view (input details), then user shouldnt be prompted with login screen again if he presses f5 .

A very different requirement .. but may be you can try using a static flag which will be raised when you login using the custom view.

This flag value can be used to determine if the user has logged in earlier during the session.

Thanks & Regards,

Tashi

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tashi,

Yes, you got me right. This requirement is in our customer portal. Here, we are fixing the credentials in our service node using SICF thus avoiding that SAP Netweaver Screen.

You are advising to use static flag but how is that possible as when user will refresh it will reset the whole context. So when I will try to read value of that static flag, it will be initial. How can I make sure that same user has arrived back? I would require some session kind of  thing maintained for the user.

Regards,

Harsh

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

That doesnt happen usually, i assume there will be some basis setting or your icf node setting required.

Is this issue happening for your application alone or all applicaiton on your system

if this is application specific, you can compare the setting for the icf node using tcode :SICF

Thanks & Regards,

Tashi

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tashi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we have by passed the logon screen of SAP Netweaver by providing the credentials in service node in SICF.

So in short, I am handling the login of the user by creating a separate view for that. So whenever user refreshes, he will be directed to this default login view, I have created. Here, I want to maintain the session of the logged in user.

Regards,

Harsh