cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII: Unable to execute Scheduled Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a transaction which runs without error, directly from the Workbench and I have added it to the scheduler. When I run it directly through the Run option of the Scheduler it runs without error. When it is run as a scheduled entry then it gives me an error:

com.sap.jms.server.exception.JMSServerSecurityException:
You do not have permissions: action default.queue and instancename
default.queue
action produce
instance XMIIRunJobRequest... [see
details]

I see that it is running under user Guest (screen shot attached). I have other MII instances which are configure the same way and do not have this problem. On all my MII instances the Guest user has no assigned roles but is assigned to a Guest group. Does anyone know what this means and what I need to do to set the correct permissions.

The only difference I can see between the instance which is working and that which is not is that there is no Guest Role on the one which is not working. However, the Guest user is not assigned to this role anyway on any of the instances so I am assuming this is not the problem.

I have tested the above with a very simple transaction which only has one step which is a tracer action and I see the same problem so it is not something within the transaction.

I am using MII 12.1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take a look at SAP note 971249. It describes as to why your system does not execute scheduled jobs in the absence of Guest roles.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree - many thanks for this pointer - I have downloaded the note and I am trying to work through what it all means - it's outside of my experience - I thought there would be a simple way to recreate the missing Guest Role. I am still working through it and will confirm later if it resolves the problem.

Rgds

Richard.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally managed to get a workaround. The SAP note solutions used the old Visual Administrator, subsequently replaced by Netweaver Administrator after v7.10 (I am on 7.11). Could not find any "simple" description of where the Security Provider/Policy configurations are under NWA but eventually found Services under Assigned Actions of the Roles in Identity Management. Found all the jms.default entries (assume these are same as service.jms.default.authorization mentioned in the SAP note) and assigned these to a new role which I created. I then assigned the new role to the user Guest and the scheduled jobs are now running correctly. Don't know if this is the correct solution but it works.

The username/password on the scheduled entry definition seems only to be relevant if running the job directly. When it runs as a scheduled job it always seems to run as user Guest.

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the transaction scheduler, you can specify a "good" user to run the transaction when it's scheduled. Just input an active username and password in the corresponding fields and the transaction will run under that credentials set when it's scheduled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul - many thanks for your reply. I tried to use my own userid and password (which works ok if I run the scheduled job manually) but even if I save that userid and password with the scheduled job when it is invoked as a scheduled job it still appears to try and run it as the Guest User (shows in the detail of the error log).

Rgds

Richard.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any ECC call in the scheduled job ? If yes there may be a possibility that credentails used for making ECC call is expired or not working .. Just a pointer if thats the case .

Please provide more details what the scheduled job is doing if above case not applicable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil - thanks for the reply - I have tried this with a very simple transaction which just has a single tracer action so I don;t think it is anything to do with the transaction.