cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source does not exist in the connected SAP Lumira Server

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have lumira server1.15 installed on HANA box running v70.

I am trying to publish data from some other hana box on to this lumira server. But i am getting the error like

"The source dataset does not exist in connected SAP Lumira server"

Is it mandatory that data set exist on the same hana box where lumira is installed?

regards,
Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you acquire your data using HANA online then yes you can only publish back to a Lumira Server that is on top of that same HANA instance. This is due to the fact that for HANA online we do not acquire any data itself, but just the metadata and leave all calculation in HANA.

For HANA offline data set you are able to publish to any LUmira Server as we downloaded the data and can move it from one system to another.

Christina

0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

I'm trying this at a customer.  They have HANA 1.00.74.00.390550.  We had to use Lumira 1.15 desktop.  I can publish any offline datasets and stories, but I'm getting the same error above even with online datasets.  Is there a setting needed on the HANA server to allow this?

Thanks in advance,

Raul Saet

SE, PSG NA West

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_geiger
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm interested in this issue as well.  Same as what others are reporting.  I'm running HANA rev. 94 and Lumira 1.25.  Is this Durl parameter required in SAPLumira.ini file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same issue, no resolution for long time now. Dont know what is wrong.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

so let's recap - does this apply to you?

• Lumira server on HANA
  • you use desktop and 'hana online' connection type
  • you compose a storyboard (or other artefact) and want to Share it
  • you publish back to the SAME hana instance on which the Lumira Server is running .

-> this works OK right ?

for reasons of security and governance, that our solution architects decided that live/online HANA data should not leave that Hana instance.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that seems to be similar scenario. Just when i publish it back to lumira server it throws that error. I so need the resolution.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you miss the point :  same server or different server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

same server that is why i said, same scenario as you explained.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks for confirming.

well that doesn't sounds right , so I'd recommend you investigatethe relevant client and server traces  (Notes 1782007 and 2050874 respectively) and analyse the root cause from there.

it's probably roles related , like described in Note 2018047

I'd also recommend you contact technical support with a well qualified incident (after checking & providing the above evidence and versions)  to component BI-LUM-SRV

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved. Thank you so much for all the help. Issue was with tunneling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaustubh,Hello Henry,

Could you please keep me posted what have you done to publish the same? Even I am facing the same issue.source exist in the same server and it is online data.

Is it roles related? Please tell me how to proceed.

Thank you for the support.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you give appropriate permission to the user, addition to that what actually resolved my issue is that adding following entry to my SAPLumira.ini