cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated users from Dev to QA ,how to find where they are located in my system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I just  migrated users and servers from DEV to QA . I just want to find the specific folder ,where the users and servers are located in my system .

Thanks,

Raghunath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

You want to know where the users are located in your QA box?

And you are talking about BO servers?

Can you explain your question

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Find users

Select the users and user groups, in the left hand side you can bale to find all the user groups, and slect the user group and check user’s is assigned under that group or not.

If you don’t know the user group Slect the user and user group and Search box enter the user ID

Servers

In the CMC home page select the servers and it wll display list of the servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu,

Thanks for ur reply ....I  want to see users physically stored in computer or users will be stored in some folders in in machine ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur quick reply

,, exactly iam looking for ,, folders are place where users are stored physically  in desktop or machine in compute

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't get exactly what you are asking…

To find out specific folder ,If you want to find the user (Ragu) included in which group?

• Select the user and user group from CMC Home list box or click on the users and groups
    • In the Search Title enter the user id (Ragu) -> then select the user (Ragu) and right Click and select member of form the context menu.
    • It will display list of user groups which user included.

So all the user’s information stored in connection servers (CMC Data Base),

whenever user run report..first it will hit the connection servers (CMC Data Base) and check whether user have authorizations to the respective DB/Servers...If user have authorizations then again hit the requested DB/Servers and fetch the data and show in the report.

where the users and servers are located in my system .

To see what are all the servers -> click on the servers

• Then it will display folders like
      • Core Servers
      • Web Intelligence Server
      • Dashboard Server
      • Promotion Management Server Etc..

For example if you click Web Intelligence Server, able to see how many servers and what is the state and host name etc… all the servers related info also stored in CMC Data Base.

So all the users and servers information not located in your local system.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your problem had solve?

PLEASE mark the blog helpful & answered