SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message while doing returns in FP09

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am getting an error message as No Free number range for document type AB. I checked the document number ranges and its not exhausted.

Could you please help me where I might have done wrong in configuration.

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moin,

Do you normally use document type AB for posting returns or the document type has been changed or you are posting the returns with some other document type and you are getting the error for a separate document type.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

HI Amlan,

I am using document type AB for returns and I checked, the same document type is assigned for returns as default for posting.

Please let me know how I can correct.

0 Kudos

Hi Moin,

If you are sure that the number range has not been exhausted, then can you please check whether the number ranges for mass processing has been maintained or not in the following SPRO config-

IMG-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Postings and Documents-->Document-->Maintain Document Assignments--->Document Types-->Maintain Document Types and Assign Number Ranges

However, I still feel you check the number ranges for returns once before proceeding with the above.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan