cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Rule Based Workflow Hours to Completion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDG experts,

Anyone already had the requirement in order to use the field Hours to Completion (EXP_COMPLETE_HOURS) in BRFplus table of workflow WS60800086?

Can any expert explain me how to setup in order to send e-mail notifications based on this field? For example, in case of a change request that exceeds the total hours contained in this field an e-mail should be sent to the processor in order to alert to process it.

I already read some documents about extended notifications and sub-workflows to send e-mails, but my requirement is to use this field to send a notification for the processor.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Fabiano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is a basic notification feature and has nothing to do with extended notification. basically, the MDG workflow will use the number of hours you enter to send a simple e-mail to the processors if they didn't complete their task. in general, it is recommended to use extended notifications instead of this. at the same time, you can build a more sophisticated e-mail notification following this document .

here is the text of the e-mail that is triggered by the EXP_COMPLETE_HOURS:

Dear User,

You were assigned as processor of change request #CHANGE_REQUEST.CREQUEST#. It has expired. Please check your BRWF workflow tasks and proceed with this task.

For any problem, please contact system administrator.

Best Regards

SAP Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for answering. Even this simple notification with this standard text I'm not able to see working. Do you know if I need to setup something to have this email being sent?

Or just setting up the e-mail configuration via SCOT and other communication transactions can I have this working?

I will also check the document you posted.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Fabiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look in your SAP Inbox (transaction SBWP). If you want to receive notification by e-mail, you need to set up SAP Inbox such that all mail is forwarded to your external e-mail address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

My inbox is full of these notifications. I will check the documents to have more sophisticated e-mail notifications.

I appreciate your constantly help!

Thank you

Fabiano

Answers (0)