Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Upload in EWM through /SCWM/ISU

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I understand that we can use subject mentioned t code for stock upload in EWM but how we will mass load (@50000 material stock)? I do not see to run this code in background. This tcode will update  stock in ECC as well. I fear if we run this in foreground and system connection goes then it will be problem.What shall be our approach?

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Dhakane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I fear if we run this in foreground and system connection goes then it will be problem"

Now I have never done that for a big stock quantity - but why should this be a problem? The system creates the EWM postings, then it sent them to ERP for posting. In case you system connection is gone, you have it stuck in the queue. When it is back, you trigger your queue. Why some much hassle?

Or do you mean that the report runs out of the standard runtime and ends? How about trying it in a test system? I hope you plan that anyway.....

Brgds

Juergen

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

... Or how about slicing the whole upload in smaller chunks? Running the upload transaction a few times or even many times is still simpler then any other proposal I have seen.

Juergen

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member536836
Active Contributor

Hi Friends,

We have uploaded stock through tcode /SCWM/ISU as a part of testing and found that system taking 8-10hrs. average time for 9500 plus products. This is the time from offshore. We are testing at client side. Obviously there will be difference. I thought to share this with you and also want to understand if any one has used this tool to upload stock through application server and by setting background job.

We tried to upload stock by accessing file from application server and then tried to display data but it has gone to dump. Then we understood through debugging that the file format we used need to be modified and changed to more text related(,,...,,). Our thought to upload stock through this transaction by accessing file from application server and then set it up as background job. Please let me know if any one have used this approach and file format used. We wanted to understand time taken through background job. Actual go live stage we will be uploading 60000 plus products.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

former_member644537
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Facing the same problem while uploding stock to 2 differents Customers.
If you are uploading a file with 20 000 items, EWM will take 4 hours to upload the stock.

Try to lunch the upload in background and save some minutes.

Best regards

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which method you followed. Just update community .

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have not implemented so far. But approach is to load through ISU tcode EWM stock and by mass tcode in ECC separately. Thanks for asking to inform community. I feel it is moral responsibility to close this thread by informing what we used.

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

De-register the queues and upload using Physical Inventory Method. I hope, this would easiest method than /scwm/isu .

Regards,

Sathish

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sathish , can u please explain me the steps in this? Thanks

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Physical Inventory Record Document EWM. During Counting, Provide your bin number, Product Code, and Quantity details along with HU Details, If you have any. Then, Adjust the inventory in EWM.

Ensure, Interfaces are not triggered to ECC to adjust the stock over there (If you are using the existing storage locations).

I have a question here.

Are you using the existing storage locations or new set of storage Locations for EWM WH Assignment?

If it is existing storage locations, then you need to stop the interfaces and delete the queues once you done with stock adjustments in EWM.

If it is new set of storage locations, Again there are two ways.

Option 1: Increase the stock in EWM using PID as said above. In ECC, your stock will get double. one set in EWM related storage location and another set in your old storage locations. Now, you write off One set of stock from Old Storage Locations. Ensure, your $ accuracy is correct.

Option 2: Stop Interfaces between EWM and ECC. Increase the stock in EWM using PID as said above. Delete the Queues if Any. Then, Again Do, Store to Store Transfer in ECC. It generates again Queues. Delete those as well.

After this, you will be with same stock as in ECC IM with EWM.

Suggest you to do trial with one Product stock. Once you are comfortable in doing so. Repleat the same for other Material using batch mechanism if required.

Regards,
Sathish

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

In /SCWM/ISU select  "Do not post data in ERP" . This will upload stock in EWM only. In order to upload stock in ECC (IM), temporarily disconnect the ECC from EWM and upload the stock in IM. Check if the stock is in sync and then reconnect the systems back.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Virendra

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra. Yes that is the one option, in that case we have to run two programs. I wanted to understand if any one has used this tcode to upload stock in both ECC and EWM.

Regards,

Prashant