cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMON Alert Inbox - role based custom query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a requirement from my customer in BPMON alert inbox to build a custom queries and distribute them to end-users based on security access or other kind of assignment.

Say for example, we have a monitoring object "purchase requisition" defined for all company codes (regions).

We do not want region A to see BPMON alerts for region B.

So far what I have found is:

1) the alert inbox shows all alerts to everyone who has access to BPO work center, cannot find an authorization object to restrict this.

BPM_DETAIL kind of supposed to do the trick, but it only checks the authorizations when "Detail info" button hit - way pass the initial alerts list.

We want to restrict the alerts visibility even before they come to hit the "Detail" button.

2) Query to view alerts: seems that STANDARD query is available to everyone, and the standard query shows ALL alerts. The Filter would work, and we can create a new query to see only partial alert list, but this query is not "custom" but actually "user-specific", i.e. only person who created it can see it.

We want the ADMIN person to create queries centrally for all regions, and be able to assign those queries to the regional people, so that they can only see the query that contain data pertaining to the region.

And by the way - the "standard" query should be only assigned to ADMIN (not to everyone).

Is it possible to achieve ?

Appreciate any comments.

Thank you

Elena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elena

As far as I know, to enable the requirement, you may need to use multiple solution.

And control user access using solution authorization D_SOL_VSBL.

Solution A is for region or plant xxx (monitor ABC)

Solution B is for region or plant yyy (monitor XYZ)

User who has access solution B cannot see alert from solution A monitor ABC.

User who has access solution A cannot see alert from Solution B monitor XYZ.

If the requirement requires many segmentation, this idea is not realistic.

But if it is few segmentation, this maybe 1 of the possible solution.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Unfortunately the default queries don't have any filters on, and as such, even if the user only has authorization for a certain solution, alert data from other solutions are also visible before setting any filters. If one wants to add a filter to the query, only the solution that the user have authorization to can be chosen.

Thanks and regards,

Aleksi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Kind regards,

Aleksi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

I have the same requirements as mentioned above.

Were you able to find a solution to this?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Calvin van der Walt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no...