Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ does not calculate latest patches for Support Packages Stack

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS6.

We are in the process of updating our SAP Portal LAndscape from EP 7.31 SPS4 to EP 7.31 SPS12

The satelites  systems have been correctly defined within SLD/LMDB and as shown below MOPZ is perfectly capable to choose the target queue.

MOPZ is working fine (so please do not send me some links on how to configure it), it is just that this wonderful tool is not clever enough to pick

recent patches for JAVA SCAs

As you can see the latest target for SPS12 queue has been calculated (by SAP ?)more than one month ago.

Since we are updating our Portal, the corresponding Java SCAs are not the most recent ones, actually they are quite old.

If you have a look at the XML file : only Initial SCA Version are being calculated, the subsequent patches are not included in the queue

If I have a look at the marketplace for the Component AJAX Framework for example :

The component has been patched on the marketpklace, this is true for practically every SCA component, the patched SCAs are not included in

the download queue calculated by MOPZ and we will miss hundreds of corrections ... which defeat the very purpose of updating your system.

Again, I do not hink that this is a MOPZ configuration issue, the "old" download queue is directly retireved from SAP.

So what do we do  ?

Patch our syustem using the queue defined by MOPZ and XML file ? And then patch the systems a second time with all the recents SCAs files ?

Any meaningful help would be highly appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

The place where it shows the java component , there you need to select the add java patches where it will show you the latest patch.

In general , it pick up the SP<XX> Patch 0 , so you need to add the latest patch by clicking Add java patches.

With Regards

Ashutosh

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great answer !

Thanks Ashutosh

Answers (0)