cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAtch Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to upgrade the HR Patch (SAP_HR 600) SAPKE60092 to SAPKE600A9 on my Dev server, I have downloaded the PATCH of SAP_HR 600 and dependency patch of EA_HR 600.

I have done  below steps..

(1) logon client 000 with DDIC user and load the patch and create a queue for SAP_HR.

( 2) All Request Released from all clients form Dev server.

(3) All users locked except admin user on dev client.

(4) check SM12 ( No Table locked)

So I request to you please suggest the further step to do before start the patch upgrade in dev or Production server..........

Regards

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should not use SAP* nor DDIC when applying a patch. I recommend copying SAP* to your own user in client 000 and use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

You may want to backup the wage type tables (See OSS note 1448138 - HR wage type backup (T512w))

Its always a good idea to run a test import of the support packs.I have seen warning related to open extraction queues (LBWE) in these.In general, the executing the test import could help prevent issues later.

Regards,

Siddharth

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also make sure to have a Backup before starting patching.

best regards

ashish

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

1) Ensure SPAM is updated

2) Ensure R3trans, tp is updated

3) /usr/sap/trans has enough space

4) Required business users are locked so as to avoid any dump appearing due to patch application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak Ji,

Thanks for the prompt support......

Everything is fine, but my query regarding V2 processed, what  about SM13, SMQ1,LBWE, and LBWG..........

MCEX* many update showing in Dev system, can we start update without clean the queue or if we need to clean, Please share the process to clean.......

Regards

Ashwani

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

I don't think this will affect any program related to SMQ1 , SMQ2 , SM13.

If you find dumps dumps , then run /$sync after the patching.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Everything is fine, but my query regarding V2 processed, what  about SM13, SMQ1,LBWE, and LBWG..........

MCEX* many update showing in Dev system, can we start update without clean the queue or if we need to clean, Please share the process to clean.......

If you know the process to do the SP update then you may continue with the patching process.

If there are application queues to be processed then SPAM will stop at that phase and suggest you to get the queues cleaned.

If there are MCEX* queues to be processes then you need to call Tx LBWE and process them.

See my reply provided here for cleaning the queue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3399228

Regards

RB