Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload multiple files in Webdynpro using File upload Screen Element

santhosh_nagavalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anybody tell me how to upload multiple files/pdfs in webdynpro using file upload screen element, and also please tell me what is the maximum storage limit of RAWSTRING data type,Advance Thanks.

Regards,

Sandesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandesh,

As suggested by Mr.Vishnu,  you can use row repeater with file upload ui element. Add /Remove buttons would help you to manipulate the no. of files to be attached.

Please refer the below links for row repeater

steps to create row repeater ui element - Web Dynpro ABAP - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandesh,

this is simply not supported, not in WebDynpro nor in standard HTML.

A workaround is to upload a ZIP with all files and on server side unpack the ZIP and operate on the single files.

I hope it will  help u..

----------------------OR-------------------------

As you know using File upload UI element we can upload only one file at a time. There may be a scenario where user may want to upload any no of files at a time which is not determined at design time. This can be acheived using the ACF UpDownload UI element which requires a security whiltelist to be created

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2270

----------------------OR-------------------------

You can use Table UI element.

Regards,

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak Singh wrote:

this is simply not supported, not in WebDynpro nor in standard HTML.

Not true. The HTML5 specification supports the multiple tag. HTTP POSTs do not have any issues with multiple files, it is a question of what is built on top of that. Most modern web development environments (PHP, .NET, etc.) support multiple file uploads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Row Repeater UI element, under which you need to add Upload UI element. With this way, even the node cardinality to which upload UI is binded, need to be set to 0..n.

Let me know if this helps you.