cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10 AC Role approver not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have updated role with new approver and it is updated successfully.When I open role in Role Maintenance and I am able see new approver with role.

When we are raising Access Request for the same role,we are able to find old approver but not the new approver which we have updated.

Please check and advice in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Koteswara Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koteswara,

It's strange...

So how did you update the role-owners for the roles..? I assume you did with BRM. So did you confirm the check boxes for role assignment approvers for the corresponding/new approvers..?

May be once you import the roles back to NWBc, you can try overwriting the roles then you must be able to see the new approvers fetching down to Access request forms.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet, We are not using BRM.We use role import option to update the roles in NWBC. After impoting role,its updating role with new apporver but when we create Acess request for this role,it is still showing old approver. Thanks and Regards, Koteswara Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly I meant to say.

If you are importing the roles to NWBC by opting roles' source as "file on desktop" and once you fill the template do you confirm the check box for overwrite existing roles in NWBC and in the template file as well..?

Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,we are checking for overwrite options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

what approver do you see in table: GRACROLEAPPRVR

Does it contain the old or new approvers...?

If old, then the job didn't run successfully.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am able to see new approver in the table but when we raise access request,it is still going to old approver only. Thanks & Regards, Koteswara Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koteswara,

It sounds strange theoretically and practically both.

As you confirmed that you are not using BRM for any activities other than Role import, so could you search for the role (which you want to get provisioned with the new approver) in Role Management  --> Role search and see if you can find the new approver or old ones.

This issue doesn't seem to be certain, so again I would recommend to check for sync jobs, if ran successfully or ended with any errors.

Ameet

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Koteswara,

you mentioned that you are not using BRM. Anyways, you have imported the roles into BRM and therefore the roles are available. Can you please check the following:

Goto Role Search, open a role which has the wrong approver and show us the following screen:

Check if the role owner is updated accordingly and that "Assignment Approver" checkbox is checked.

If all these is correct than you have to check the role sync job. Run it manually and check if you have some errors.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Koteswara,

Do I know how the workflow process are configured in your landscape?. have you maintained role approver in NWBC for role approval and assign the role approver role to  role approver.

Regards,

Visu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the Role status "Complete"? Or still set as being defined?

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you run the role sync job? Might be a problem with updating the old to the new value.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro, We ran all sync jobs and we still have issue. Thanks & Regards, Koteswara Rao.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mhmm... can you check table GRACROLEAPPRVR if in there are the correct names? You can join the ROLEID with table GRACROLE to see the role name.