cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create item wise invoice with reference to sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please let me know how to create item wise invoice with reference to sales order.

Ex : Sales order has 2 line items .

When creating invoice system should create two invoices for each line items.

I have tried with copy control but I am not able to do it.

Please advise.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let us know your exact requirement. Whether you want it to be fixed like only one line item to be billed every time ot it to be based on selection you do every time.

As per my understanding it should not be fixed and in that case it should like as follows,

In VF01 you will select Del. document/S.O. number and click on selection list and will take you to next screen as mention below,

and select desire line item to be billed and click on copy and will take you to billing screen.

Regards,

Ajit K Singh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj, Suman,

I think gekk's requirement is to have billing document created automatically (not manually by user).

In other words, if sales order has 2 line items, then system should create 2 billing documents automatically.

gekk,

Please confirm.

Also if you want to split invoices in the number of items in the sales order, then are you doing order related billing? are you using VTFA? (and not VTFL)

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW could you please explain the configuration steps if this can be done automatically, the scenario that you asked the question for.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwer,

It would require some coding in splitting routine, copy control at item level, field Data transfer VBRK/VBRP

In this routine, ABAPer has to include the item no. This will make item no. POSNR also a split criteria

Thus separate billing documents will be created for each item of the sales order.

TW

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

Under SPRO-->SALES & DISTRIBUTION-->BILLING-->BILLING DOCUMENTS-->COUNTRY SPECIFIC FEATURES-->MAINTAIN MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BILLING ITEMS

for your sales organization maintain 1 in No Of Items and try

this will automatically create one document with one line item

thanks

santosh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

santosh,

Thanks! This is another approach.

But this setting when done, will be applicable for ALL the billing types for a particular country. This is not feasible for all businesses...as this requirement can be only for a specific process.

What are your comments?

TW

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Yes, this is a generic approach

if the requirement is in Common for all billing documents for specific Sales organization, this method can be used

If requirement is only for specific Billing document then going with Copy controls and Requirement routines, this can be accomplished

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, TW and Santosh Kumar, gave me new insights

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello gekk,

Yes it is indeed you can do this as mentioned by Raj. It is not only the itemize you can choose the quantity also from the selection item and for that you need to do some changes in the billing copying control. That's it so you do multiple bills for the same item with different qty.

I hope this will be useful to your requirement. Let us know your view on this.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can manually select the line item for which you require the billing to be performed. This is possible by clicking on the "Selection List" button in VF01 tcode overview screen. Now, the next screen list out all the line items applicable and you can highlight whichever line item to be billed and then click on "Copy" button and that alone gets billed.

Please let me know for any further queries.

Regards