cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Background Task" "Pending Daemon Events" "Retry Count" setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts-

If a scheduled job errors out, I see it under the "Pending Daemon Events" retrying over and over again.

I don't understand how this is controlled. Is there any where to set:

- Whether a job attempts to retry or not?

- The maximum number of times it will retry?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

SAP Sourcing R9 SP13.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kushagra_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Kindly use the below query in order to delete the pending events.

Internal Query name: FCI-DaemonPendingEvents

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

Kushagra A

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi michael

Below system properties are the ones you need to configure to control the daemon events.

1. "system.daemons.events.handled" - A list of the events that this server supports. Glob Regular Expressions are supported. '*' will allow any daemon to run
  2. "system.daemons.events.repost.max_retries" - The maximum number of times that an event is allowed to be reposted before it is considered to be an error and discarded.
  3. "system.daemons.alert_daemon.max_idle_minutes" - The maximum number of consecutive minutes that the alert daemon is allowed to be idle.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Kushagra.  I am able to click the button on the far right to delete the repeating job, but this is good to know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rajshekhar. This appears to be what I'm looking for and I will try it.

Quick question though... does parameter parameters #2 and #3 apply to all daemons system-wide or only the ones that match parameter #1?

In other words, is there no way to potentially make different settings for different scheduled jobs?

Mike

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We cannot have different system property settings for different scheduled Jobs as it is set for entire system.

Raj.