cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Bar doesn't show with i5Chart when using a SQL query with a TimeStemp

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using MII14.0 SP05 Patch 2.

I use an i5Chart with a SQL query with a TimeStamp. I did everything right but cannot get the Time Bar. With a Tag query I can see the Time Bar but with the SQL query I cannot. It looks like a bug, is it?

Aymeric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A time bar is displayed only if the underlying query is time based. For SQL query, the mode which can be time based are Fixed query, Fixed query with output and Query. With these modes if the query has Start Date and End Date indicators then only the query is considered time based.

Regards,

Anushree

0 Kudos

Hello Anushree,

I'm currently working with Sulaksh. We tried what you said with a Fixed Query and a Start Date and End Date indicators. This SQL query is surely time based because our DateTime column has a 93 SQL Data Type meaning it's a TimeStamp.

Our MII version is 14.0 SP05 Patch 2. This is probably a bug. Are you able to have the Time Bar with a SQL query on any other version?

Regards,

Aymeric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aymeric,

Can you paste your fixed query text here?

Regards,
Anushree

0 Kudos

Here it is:

SELECT 

MPM_PROD_RUN_DATA.CHANGE_TIMESTAMP AS DateTime,

MPM_PROD_RUN_DATA.EFFEC_DURATION 

FROM

MPM_PROD_RUN_DATA

WHERE

MPM_PROD_RUN_DATA.CHANGE_TIMESTAMP IS NOT NULL

ORDER BY

DateTime ASC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to say this is not a time based query for MII. Reason being there is no scope for changing data based on timestamp. In other words there is no scope for defining a start date and end date based on which the data retreived will change.

MII considers only those queries as time based for which data changes based on SD and ED.

Regards,

Anushree

0 Kudos

As a matter of fact we entered a Start Date and End Date in Data Range tab... What else shall we do then?

Regards,

Aymeric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the start date and end date play any role in retreiving data here?

From your query it is evident that no WHERE clause has been specified based on SD and ED. Obvisouly, the where clause is based on what you require out of the query. It is not a necessity. The basic functionality of time bar is to help you change Start and End date such that when you apply them, data on your display changes. This is not possible if underlying data is not using the parameters.

Regards,

Anushree

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aymeric!

Try this as your WHERE clause:

WHERE

MPM_PROD_RUN_DATA.CHANGE_TIMESTAMP IS NOT NULL AND

MPM_PROD_RUN_DATA.CHANGE_TIMESTAMP BETWEEN [SD] AND [ED]

Assuming the dates entered in the query template for StartDate and EndDate will find values you should get what you're after.

Answers (0)